• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

defense lots of questions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

what is up with the secondary?

do we need to rename  them toasty?

top 10 in the country i think not! :-/

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  231

I couldn't agree more on that comment.  They need some major work fast.  

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254

I am tired of everyone ragging this secondary...They have given up 2 TDs all season. They step up when it matters are able to shut down the opposing teams with some great coverage. Trae Williams has 4 INTs this season, and they are covering well for the line to get in there. Mike Walker is a very good receiver and made some good plays. But whe you hold the opposing QB to 19/43, to me that's pretty **** good. They'll be just fine.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

the ucf offense scored 1 touchdown

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

enough said.....all year this defense has given up 7 points in the second half

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If you cant see that the secondary gets work all i can do is make this face  :-? .  They let people get behind them often UCF just underthrew a lot of those balls.  If they cover like this against UL it could get very ugly.  Vepaele looks to be a step too slow to be back there he doesnt get over the top fast enough when hes the deep help.  

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

What the heck are you talking about?

They gave up one play. Walker was a tough assignment. Big kid, with good wheels and a senior. This kid had offers to play at Miami back when they were good, but wanted to stay close to home in Orlando.

Jenkins and Williams had a heck of game.

The safeties were caught out of position in the first half b/c UCF had their running game going and had our safeties biting on the play action. After halftime, USF made the right adjustments and things got better.

I would be more concerned about our beat up DL, if you want to b!tch about something.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

They gave up one play. Walker was a tough assignment. Big kid, with good wheels and a senior. This kid had offers to play at Miami back when they were good, but wanted to stay close to home in Orlando.

also you may add S. Moffit Moffett into the mix as being no sleeze at the QB spot

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

The safeties were caught out of position in the first half b/c UCF had their running game going and had our safeties biting on the play action. After halftime, USF made the right adjustments and things got better.

I would be more concerned about our beat up DL, if you want to b!tch about something.

usf hasnt played anyone good

steve l made some great points

usf should have dominated all 3 teams with our corners shutting down opposing wideouts

instead usf sweated each game out

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yes our D-line should be the cheif concern but our safteys do really poorly at staying over top on deep help, and i dont just mean on play action.  If there is a replay of the game watch how many times our secondary was beat and Moffit underthrew the ball, once we face a QB thats more accurate on the deep ball the safteys not getting over top will hurt us.  People here act like if something needs improvement you cant say anything about it unless its a HUGE weakness.  I expect ALOT more from the secondary then what i have seen so far especially the safeties, why accept mediocraty, why not expect them improve and fix the weak spots.  You can critical of your team its not bad thing and its not being negative either, its expecting people to play good assignment oriented defensive football.