• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ramifications if usf loses to ftu/oc/ou

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

i am ordering a deli platter for game whcih i didnt do for first two games

LOL! It is indeed a big game.  I'll be at my kids soccer game...so I guess you feel a litle more strongly than I do!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bulliever- are you saying this game has no more interest level among usf fans than mcneese or fiu?

Maybe slightly...but not a whole lot more.  There are some that like it, but when no one buys tickets, I can't help but think most USF fans aren't too excited

you dont have a separate board for canes.

They do not feel a need to chime in on our board like the Knights fans do...that alone tells you where the rivalry is.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

UCF's LBs are slow, slow slow.  If our RB's get past the line, major yardage awaits.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Maybe slightly...but not a whole lot more.  There are some that like it, but when no one buys tickets, I can't help but think most USF fans aren't too excited

I kinda agree, but at what point will our fans get excited then this season? We haven't shown well for our 1st two games (I'm talking ACTUAL attendance, not the reported number). I know they weren't stellar teams but without the students coming out hard we'd be looking pretty bad right now.

Once again the students are going to be the saving grace for attendance in Orlando. They are actually excited about this game. I've heard there is a similar buzz on campus that took place during gameweek for this game a year ago.

I think this is more of a case where the alumni and other fans don't want this game and just refuse to recognize it as something they want to be involved with. Which isn't good for business, it games like these that reflect on bowl committees.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

UCF's LBs are slow, slow slow.  If our RB's get past the line, major yardage awaits.

I heard they are converted DTs....

Thats a joke for those who didn't get it

at risk of going off topic...

The fact that the entire Tampa Bay area has not embraced our team and is not showing up to sellout Raymond James Stadium is a problem the USF administration needs to fix.  Playing UCF every year is not a fix for the problem.  We need to keep the issues separate.  

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

at risk of going off topic...

The fact that the entire Tampa Bay area has not embraced our team and is not showing up to sellout Raymond James Stadium is a problem the USF administration needs to fix.  Playing UCF every year is not a fix for the problem.  We need to keep the issues separate.  

I think everybody agrees there.  At the same time this game also has some easy-to-spot benefits:

a) It is 75 miles away making it an easy away game for fans

B) It is 75 miles away making it a cheap travel game for the team

c) It did fairly well attendence-wise the last time it was played putting some dollars in the coffers

d) The students seem to like it -- if only for some small-time bragging rights

Obviously picking up a 2 for 1 is more financially savvy even if the typical 27k show up (FIU, Buffalo, etc.)

There are benefits on both sides for certain, but in the end it will probably end up in the hands of the Florida Legislature or USF will nix future contests.

At the end of the series USF will have played UCF more than any other OOC opponent in the I-A era.  Charleston Southern doesn't count.  ;D

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  123

FIU's defense is better than UCFs.  

McNeese... eh, we hiccuped but once we got rolling we rolled all over them.  500+ yards of offense against them, no?

Just because we struggled doesn't mean we couldn't move the ball.  Eliminating penalties should be our main focus.

FIUs defense is not better than UCFs, your sadly mistaken. Our last 3 games have been against CUSA champs, WAC champs, and likely SEC champs. FIU has played who???

bulliever- are you saying this game has no more interest level among usf fans than mcneese or fiu?

you dont have a separate board for canes.

They do not feel a need to chime in on our board like the Knights fans do...that alone tells you where the rivalry is.

Well wouldnt say traveling a proclaimed 5000 to Miami is something to brag about. What is your excuse for that. Everyone seems to have alot of excuses. Do you see me making excuses for our loss to USF last year. You guys are something else. REally!

I heard they are converted DTs....

Thats a joke for those who didn't get it

One of our LB is a converted DE who was fast to begin with. In fact, we are going back to our faster unit this week. Ronnell Sandy will probably be replacing Jordan Richards at OLB.