• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 games, a very scary team

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

In scary, I mean that this team can take us fans over the cliff with them (no parachutes)...

Honestly, what can we Bulls count on from this team thus far?

1) The defense? ---Can they stop the pass? Not against FIU in the second half... And there's always a penalty waiting to happen...

2) The offense? ---We've got no running game, our QB is very young, and even the snaps are problematic.

3) The kicking game? ---Did you see the second string kicker when he came out after half time?

4) Punting: we can trust this somewhat. Getting a little better.

5) Special teams coverage: FIU should not have scored on us...

6) Returning: Ean Randolph is our ONE bright spot, somebody we can count on right now.

I've been to the cliff and I'm very scared.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

From what I remember they DIDN'T SCORE A SINGLE POINT in the 2nd half...That one receiver just made some big 3rd down plays, but when it came to shutting it down when it mattered, the secondary stepped up.

I agree on the running game. I think we'll be fine when Ponton is back.

Kicking has definitely sucked. Benzer has not impressed me on FGs at all. At least he has made his XPs.

Punting is the one that scares me. he came up big on that one where we were deep in our own territory though. I was happy about that.

Coverage...wow one blown coverage all year. It happens. Miami/Florida boys aren't exactly slow.

EAN RANDOLPH IS THE F-IN MAN

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Yes, they didn't score a point in the 2nd half, but they were moving the ball too much more my liking. Especially with the offense they had.  Mike Walker is a better receiver than we've seen all season. Our LBs played great, but they can't do it alone!

I think the Oline improvement will improve the whole offense, but you cannot expect much in the running game outside without Ponton, just give us 25 carries and 100 yards.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We need to create some holes for our RB's to run through.

And our D-line needs to do a much better job of pressuring their QB.

We rectify those things, we should be solid for the year.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, they didn't score a point in the 2nd half, but they were moving the ball too much more my liking. Especially with the offense they had.  Mike Walker is a better receiver than we've seen all season. Our LBs played great, but they can't do it alone!

I think the Oline improvement will improve the whole offense, but you cannot expect much in the running game outside without Ponton, just give us 25 carries and 100 yards.

I have to disagree with Joe on the Mike Walker to a point.  Just like Greg Lee for Pitt a couple years ago in Ray Jay,  Chandler Williams for FIU was catching everything and he played a terrific game.  Mike Walker is coming off a knee injury and I don't think he is the  same receiver yet that he was in the past.  The thing that worries me about this game are turnovers, mistakes and penalties which plagued us the first 2 games.