• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any revisions on our '06 predictions?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  0

Tonight has been an eye-opener...I think Grothe will continue to grow and be solid, but we have nothing close to a replacement for Hall and special teams are a JOKE!!!

If CJL thinks the media has been tough lately, just wait until tomorrow! This time when answers "I don't know" to a question in a press conference I think I may just believe him!

Based on what I have seen tonight, I say 4-8 regardless of the FIU outcome. The rest of the Big East is improved.

There is no way a BCS school should lose to a Sun Belt team, not if it has any aspirations of being a solid program.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  245

I think USF has a young team and will get better as the season goes on. That said, I think it might be a struggle to get to six wins this season.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  20

There is no way a BCS school should lose to a Sun Belt team, not if it has any aspirations of being a solid program.

Troy almost beat #9 FSU tonight...I'd say FSU is a pretty solid program. Face it, D1a is slowly becoming more balanced across the board...more and more upsets will begin to be the norm, even though I don't think an FIU win tonight would have been a significant upset...Troy would have been huge!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

akron wins at ncsu

col st beat colorado

san jose state beats stanford

we won ok, just say thank you

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

exactly, just take the win and say thank you.  FSU almost lost to Troy, and they were supposed to win by more than we were.  We'll be ok if we can get rid of the penalties and miscues.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I stick with my prediction of 8-4, if and only if the special teams and penalty problems get corrected fast.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

FSU has almost the same kind of team we do this year...great defense, no running game so far (against D-1A), and young QBs that have to bail out their teams.  They almost lost to Troy, so we shouldn't feel so bad

First, Akron doesn't win if NCST doesn't have a celebration penalty; CSU beat a Colorado team that lost to Montana State the week before...

Bottom line is this, if you expect to be an upper-tier D-I team (or part of the mythical "Big 4") you cannot beat FIU by 1. Look beyond the score...no running game, awful special teams, and a  head coach who was outcoached tonight.

If you want to be a lower D-I program then I guess you are right, a win is a win...but look beyond the score...we have serious issues.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

I called 7 or 8 wins and I stand by that.

There are a LOT of good teams that had very close games today (and some lost).  It happens.  It almost did to us to.  I'm glad we pulled it out.  You can't take any game for granted these days, just ask colorado, duke, northwestern, etc.

I don't think those teams took their opponents for granted...look at who you named, they are all bottom-of-the-rung teams in their conference.

All of them are bad teams. Is that who we are comparing ourselves to? If so, the standards have fallen quickly around here.