• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looking for a little info.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

on some guys that my son formed a friendship after playing against them for the past few years and/or with them in some all-star games. All are true freshmen at USF.

LB Josh Smiley

LB LaBrandon Glover

TE Andrew Ketchel.

Anybody know how they have been doing and if they are expected to get any playing time?

Thanks in advance.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

neither are on the 2 deep depth chart so if they do its not likely to be until after the game is well out of hand   8-)

yea i think the only one who is going to see serious playing time this year is Nate Allen but that is because he is a BEAST [smiley=box.gif]

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Smiley had played well enough to play as a true freshman, and he played a little in Saturday's game. Unfortunately, he aggravated a foot injury he suffered three weeks ago and is likely taking a medical redshirt, according to Leavitt. Andrew Ketchel will redshirt as a tight end and is working on the scout team. Glover, like all the linebackers in this class, is likely heading for a redshirt as well ...

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

on some guys that my son formed a friendship after playing against them for the past few years and/or with them in some all-star games. All are true freshmen at USF.

LB Josh Smiley

LB LaBrandon Glover

TE Andrew Ketchel.

Anybody know how they have been doing and if they are expected to get any playing time?

Thanks in advance.

josh smiley turned some heads early in Fall camp but got hurt which will likely force him to redshirt. Nothing serious but all the coaches love his motor.

LaBrandon Glover is taking a redshirt, although there was talk early in camp that he was lining up with the second team.

Andrew Ketchel was billed as one of the best TE in Florida last year and is taking a redshirt as well.

How is Devon doing for Coach Strock? Is he redshirting as well?

i didnt know that smiley was gonna redshirt.  o well.  just more depth in the future at LB.  i think we all know that we are fine at LB this year

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  43

I hate to hear that Josh has injured himself. He is such a good kid. He and Devon rode together to The Villages to play in the FACA All-Star game in December. Josh's mom and boyfriend seem to be real good people also.

Devon, so far, has not been "officially" given a redshirt. Talent-wise, according to the coaches, he is at or above all of the backs. He is still picking up the system but, based on what his position coach told me earlier this week, he has made great strides this week and is beginning to show exactly what they are expecting. I look for him to get playing time soon. If not, that just gives him an extra year of a free education. Thanks for asking.

And as far as Ketchel is concerned.....truth be told he was only a decent TE in high school. When we played Choctaw they did not even game plan against him. I think the coaches are looking at the future for him. He has a good heart and is a smart kid. I wish him well. He and Devon converse frequently on the computer, and I am sure they will speak after the game.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

BTW, PantherMom... don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but my condolences on Lance's passing.  I read about it the other day and was shocked by the story.  It's a real shame, because he seemed like he was a real good man.  It's always the good ones that go too soon.

Matt