• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls analysis on CFN

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  0

Right you are Smazza.  How we do against Pitt will show us the rest  of the season.  There will be sloppy play on both sides because its the 1st game.  As I said earlier, we will not be sneaking up on Pitt this time.  If we play well win or lose we will be fine.  If we play poorly, then it could be  a long season.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bulldad-I never thought about playing poorly

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

Your biggest prob is the lack of a history.... they didnt knock your team.. I have to agree with much of what they say... I think U go 6-5 or 7-4.. or if U have a bad year 5-6.  My guess is 6-5 and your first bowl game..

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

11-0 ;D

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

whatever they predict add 3 more W's

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

CFN has done a very poor job at predicting USF's record, I wouldn't read too much into their analysis!

Guest S.  Bien

I heard and spoke with Jim Leavitt tonight.  This year's defense should be amazingly fast and quick.  The defense will anchor us.  He expects good things from Julmiste, but is prepared to juggle QB if he must.  He's giving PJ the offense, and hoping he responds.

The spring game was a little quirky because apparently RayJay had an equestrian event a day or so prior so the grounds were wet, and the footing was awful.  Therefore Jim said the players didn't look as sharp as expected.  They were better than what the nasty field conditions at RayJay (which was an uncanny situation) allowed.

He continues to get excited about incoming LB Carlyle Johnson, and is reserved, as always, about any incoming freshmen.  He never tries to count on freshmen because he doesn't play anyone until he's positive they can be depended upon.

Searcy really impressed him this spring.  They tried to get more speed on offense this year moving some guys to WR.   This team will play its butt offs, and the goal is to win the conference, and go bowling.

A tough schedule, but he promises the team will be ready and he sounded more upbeat then this time last year.  My prediction is 7-4 and bowling is probable, 10-1 is real potential, and 6-5 is the worst we will be.  Defense will dictate, and again we will go as far as the QB position will allow us.

11-0 is a little more possible now

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

It freightens me that he is already talking about juggling QBs.  If CJL is unsure, that just means that none of these guys are impressing anybody.  Another year of watching 13-10 defensive struggles.  Yaay.

if we post the W's then that's all that matters