• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is TOO funny for the comics

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

Winslow rips refs after Miami’s loss

Hurricanes TE blasts officials for taunting calls: ‘I hate refs’

ASSOCIATED PRESS

MIAMI, Nov. 8  Miami tight end Kellen Winslow lashed out at Southeastern Conference officials Saturday, saying they targeted him during Tennessee’s 10-6 win over the Hurricanes.

WINSLOW CAUGHT SEVEN passes for 88 yards but had a costly 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct in the fourth quarter.

Winslow said his helmet was ripped off on the 22-yard reception, but said he was penalized for taking off his helmet.

“I hate refs,†Winslow said, his voice raised in the locker room. “They were looking at me the whole time. I can’t even get hyped up after a play. I can’t even get my crowd hyped up.â€Â

Winslow has been penalized several times this season for taunting opponents, including one last week against Virginia Tech.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“I talked to our team during the week and talked to them before the game,†coach Larry Coker said. “I told them this was an SEC crew and they are strong in calling celebration penalties and will call it.â€Â

Miami finished with 12 penalties for 121 yards.

Winslow’s penalty cost the Hurricanes significant field position in the fourth quarter while trying to take the lead. They overcame Winslow’s mistake, but the drive ended when Brock Berlin was sacked and fumbled.

Berlin also threw two interceptions. He has 14 interceptions and three fumbles this season.

Winslow said the Hurricanes need to make changes on offense, but he stopped short of calling for a new quarterback.

“It’s up to the head man,†Winslow said. “He’ll do the right thing.â€Â

Winslow refused to comment on whether the Hurricanes had lost faith in Berlin.

Winslow has 51 catches for 527 yards this season, but has spent much of the season calling for the ball more often  especially near the end zone. He has just one touchdown.

The son of NFL Hall of Fame tight end Kellen Winslow Sr., the younger Winslow made several big plays against the Volunteers, including a 21-yard catch on third-and-20 in the third quarter. But he also fumbled once, dropped a pass in the end zone and had the penalty.

He recovered his third-quarter fumble, but the Hurricanes were forced to punt. Trailing 10-3 in the second quarter, Miami had a chance to tie the game on the final play of the half, but Winslow dropped Berlin’s deep pass in the end zone.

He took some of his frustration out on the Vols with a hard-hitting block that knocked Corey Campbell to the ground and briefly out of the game.

Winslow nearly got flagged for standing over and taunting a shaken Campbell.

“It’s war,†Winslow said. “They’re out there to kill you, so I’m out there to kill them. We don’t care about anybody but this U. They’re going after my legs. I’m going to come right back at them. I’m a ... soldier.â€Â

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

what a misguided a-hole.  

He is playing like crap, yet he says it is "His crowd"  ****, maybe you should play like you are supposedly capable.  You've been aweful.  And now you open your fat mouth and make a fool of yourself.  Pipe down and let the good players at miami speak.  Payton/Vilma have been the hero's this year, not you!

What a jerk.  Football isn't war, war is war.  I think we should hold a special draft just for this loser and let him go right on the front lines.  

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

what a misguided a-hole.  

He is playing like crap, yet he says it is "His crowd"  ****, maybe you should play like you are supposedly capable.  You've been aweful.  And now you open your fat mouth and make a fool of yourself.  Pipe down and let the good players at miami speak.  Payton/Vilma have been the hero's this year, not you!

What a jerk.  Football isn't war, war is war.  I think we should hold a special draft just for this loser and let him go right on the front lines.  

did you see the college wrapup on espn where May told winslow to go to the library and pick up a book and learn what a "real" soldier is and said he is nothing but an athlete playing a game. He also said he should go to iraq and learn what a true war is and that he should shut up and just play the "game"

Can anyone think of a bigger piece of crap ever to play college football? I think this was hands down the most classless act i've ever seen in college ball.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Can anyone think of a bigger piece of crap ever to play college football? I think this was hands down the most classless act i've ever seen in college ball.

Absolutely agree!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,578
  • Days Won:  29

AMEN !

Coker Needed to suspend him, Coker lost control of this team.

Winslow ALWAYS comes back to the huddle talking to Berlin when a pass is too low or high. He thinks he's PERFECT, a Perfect ACC-Hole  ;D

Mark May was right on target, you could see he was pisd.

... and then he has someone write an apology, you are what you are Winslow. A JERK.

I honestly think this is why, if he does leave early for the NFL that Troupe at uf will go b4 him. Troupe is a team player.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  40

Its kids like Winslow that continues the 'thug/criminal' image at Miami, Fla.

Its also because of that image that the Big East does not care to see Miami leave the BE.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Its kids like Winslow that continues the 'thug/criminal' image at Miami, Fla.

Its also because of that image that the Big East does not care to see Miami leave the BE.

"Thug" image?  WVU fans are known for riots and burning couches.  Hello kettle the pot is calling and you are black!

The Big East wanted to keep UM; why did they try to start all the lawsuits?  The Big East would dump all us new-comers to keep UM.

Butch Davis cleaned up UM's image, but I am not sure what is going on in Coker's head.  I think that one NC got to him, and now he is going down the path of Jimmy Johnson and Denis Erickson.