• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Uh Oh Michael Bush Injured!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

I doubt he will come back for Louisville next year since he was on limbo about leaving UL early to enter NFL.  Willis McGahee left UM eariy for NFL after serious knee injury in Fiesta Bowl vs OSU.  UL won't have any problem with Smith and Stripling.   Not able to wear down the opponent defense in late of game is only their concern.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

This really hurts the Big East, I am sad to see him injured so badly.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Stripling is good, but his size is going to effect the way Louisville plays. Miami's defense is unbelievable and speed means next to nothing to them. This is going to require a lot out of Brohm.

UK is not a good measure. They are starting several Freshman and Sophomores on defense and are limited on scholarships because of NCAA sanctions.

With Temple next week, the Miami game all the sudden become a lot harder to prepare for. Louisville has the talent, but how will the team be able to makeup for a guy who was 1/2 their offense?

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Joe

limited on scholarships because of NCAA sanctions.  

UK is no longer on NCAA sanctions and have their full number of scholarships available this year.  You are correct Joe on UK not being an accurate gauge, however, UL's offense came out of the gate firing on all cylinders and will be their strength again this season.

Joe
limited on scholarships because of NCAA sanctions.  

UK is no longer on NCAA sanctions and have their full number of scholarships available this year.  You are correct Joe on UK not being an accurate gauge, however, UL's offense came out of the gate firing on all cylinders and will be their strength again this season.

They are not maxed on scholarships, their sanctions ended in Spring. They have about 75 ( I was wrong earlier) guys on Scholarship (they kicked some guys off the team this offseason).

What I was referring to was the Louisville RBs outside of Bush. They're good, but can they handle Miami or WVU? I think it could hurt a lot in the end Bush meant too much to that team.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Joe I never said UK was maxed out on scholarships only that they have their full allotment available and as far as losing Bush, UL will be able to make adjustments due to early nature of the season and should do well.  Lets not forget they did lose a close game in Morgantown and this year its at Papa Johns.

Ya but they have Miami coming in 2 weeks with a very bad Temple team as their only tuneup.

Replacing Bush is going to be tough.