• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I hate the new rule this season!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I think the new clock rule this season is very stupid. The rule in where they keep running the clock after a turnover. Why?? The game is not that long. If they are going to do this than why not just not stop the clock on ever first down instead??? Oh well, I hope they changed this rule back pretty soon because I can see USF geetting screwed out by this running clock rule in the very near future.

Exactly, why not just use the NFL rules to run the clock on 1st downs instead of penalizing a team making a great play on a turnover?? I think USF will get screwed by this. What is going to happen is there will be about 1 min left on the clock when USF gets a much needed turnover. Instead of the clock stopping on the change of pos, it will keep on running which will hurt the team that needs to score in the last minute. I think this rule is going to have to be reviewed sometime because it will hurt the game.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, they want to shorten the length of these games I guess.  Just stupid, I don't understand why you have to fix something that is not broken (to me, at least).  Maybe they should try shortening halftime, isn't it like 20 min???  I haven't looked too far into the reasons why they want to do this, but undoubtedly it ultimately comes down to $$$.

They stated that they want to shorten the games to make them go by quicker. I just dont see why they need to do this for shortening the game. They should just have the clock run on 1st downs. They could still stop the clock on 1st downs when the game is inside of 5minutes left in each half. I wish they would use common sense when deciding this things. I have heard that the coaches association is not real happy about this new rule, so I expect to see this rule get challenges pretty soon as the season goes along.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

i think they are more concerned with games running too long on TV

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  29

i think they are more concerned with games running too long on TV

BINGO!

It's the NCAA catering to ESPN before their own teams and players.  The all-mighty dollar is now running the NCAA and if West Virginia and Louisville poop the bed this season, that all-mighty dollar is going to start getting the NCAA to try and run the Big East out of the BCS (or share it some more).

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

can someone break down the new rule changes?  

It was interesting to watch it happen last night during the CMU-Boston College game.  CMU held BC, forcing a punt inside 3 minutes... then they had to hurry out and be ready when the ref blew the ready for play whistle.

Going to make it that much harder to come from behind late in the game.