• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How about we start a FAD tradition?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

Set up lunch tailgates under the oaks for Fan Appreciation Day and invite the players/coaches to come and join us after practice/autographs, etc.  Allow them to wander from tent to tent for snacks and goodies.

Just a thought...  

Of course, and it may be a bit late to plan this for this weekend, people could start the tradition by doing it themselves... at least the tailgating part.

Giving free items to players, though, could be a problem with NCAA regulations.  I am not positive of this, but I don't think "boosters" gan give anything to a player - even a hot dog.

But fans could certainly tailgate before the FAD...

Oh, and since the practice field has moved - there aren't as many trees underwhich to tailgate.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566
  • Days Won:  0

Oh, and since the practice field has moved - there aren't as many trees underwhich to tailgate.

Im pretty sure FAD is where it always is this year, it wont be moved until the new fields are completed...Which is the lower fields...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Thats an interesting question...You might be able to give the Student Athletes the food so long as it is open to EVERY student in the university that walks up (like pizza give away at the Marshall)

If not then you might have an NCAA violation on hand, depending on how they'd view the food.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Boosters can have a recruit to their house for a HOME COOKED meal. (no catering) But you do have to be careful. Please check with our compliance officer before giving any student athlete ANYTHING.

The funny part is, I can home cook steaks for the family and the student athlete but cant buy a kid a .99 cheeseburger.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

That is true Leavitation, but no one dares to mess with that rule much the NCAA interps have been really really hard to pass. The rule is made more for a former player or someone like that having a kid over for dinner. I'd have to check the interps on it.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

I don't think it's a violation if it's offered to everyone.

At any rate, I'm at least going to start the tradition of tailgating at FAD.

Im pretty sure FAD is where it always is this year, it wont be moved until the new fields are completed...Which is the lower fields...

I am not sure about that - up until last year remember that the FAD used to be way back behind the softball fields at the old practice fields -- by the par course.

But they now practice much closer to the Athletic Facility.  On the lower level of the Old Intramural fields.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566
  • Days Won:  0

I am not sure about that - up until last year remember that the FAD used to be way back behind the softball fields at the old practice fields -- by the par course.

But they now practice much closer to the Athletic Facility.  On the lower level of the Old Intramural fields.

During 2-a-days the team uses both, bc the normal practice fields would be torn apart by now, unless some one told you otherwise, FAD is down at the normal practice fields...

During 2-a-days the team uses both, bc the normal practice fields would be torn apart by now, unless some one told you otherwise, FAD is down at the normal practice fields...

Right. The "normal practice field is not," however, "where it always is" as noted in your first post.  I was merely pointing out that the team's main practice field is new this season.

FROM USF:

This year's event will be held at the USF football practice field (north of the Sun Dome) on Saturday, August 26, from 11:30-2 p.m.