• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today IS NOT GROUNDHOGS DAY!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

American League

Eastern Division

W    L     Pct     GB

Boston        12    6     .667     -

Baltimore    10    7     .588   1.5

New York      8   11    .421   4.5

Tampa Bay    7   10    .412   4.5

Toronto         6   12    .333   6.0  

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I haven't gone to sleep yet... my O's will be back on top after they sweep Seattle!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

you lost 2 games to lowly toronto... don't expect to beat Seattle.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

making 3 straight post sesason exits for boston teams

maybe it is groundhog day afterall

The loss -- just the third four-game sweep in Celtics playoff history -- could signal the end for interim coach John Carroll, who took over when Jim O'Brien resigned Jan. 27. Carroll lost 12 of his first 13 games but managed to eek out the last playoff spot in the East with a record that was 10 games under .500.

"I've been a coach my whole life, and when you are a coach you understand that coaching is a very precarious job," Carroll said. "I hope I have represented this franchise and the city of Boston over the last 40 games and the players in the way they should be."

NBA Playoffs Discussion  

Post Your Prediction | Chat Live  

Celtics basketball boss Danny Ainge declined to comment on the coaching situation but conceded that it was a difficult atmosphere for Carroll to work in. Taking over a team that went to the conference semifinals last year, Ainge traded Antoine Walker nine days before the season and made several other roster-shaking trades that led O'Brien to walk out midseason.

Asked if he could understand why players would be upset, Ainge said, "Absolutely."

"I can understand that. I can't care," he said. "I do care, obviously. But I can't let a player's frustrations make my decisions for me."

The attendance was announced at 16,389 -- about 1,000 short of a sellout -- but it appeared to be closer to 12,000 and many fewer were left by the time it ended; more than half of the luxury suites were dark. Those who stayed home or left early were able to catch the Red Sox and Yankees wrapping up their series in New York.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Pats won between the sox and bruins losses.  Yes, Pats are a Boston team, even if they aren't the Boston Patriots, it still counts.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

Pats won between the sox and bruins losses.  Yes, Pats are a Boston team, even if they aren't the Boston Patriots, it still counts.

You beat me to it VG.  How about the fact that Boston has had all of its major teams in playoffs for two straight years, I wonder if any city can EVER claim to have all their major teams in playoffs two years in a row and have 4 teams?