• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Uh oh... 4 page thread coming

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

CUSA forces the game?  Laughable.  man, those guys to the west are obsessed with us, obsessed enough to get their coach and AD to whine publicly, get their alumni legislators to threaten legiclation, and to get their conference commish to force the game based on our exit agreement.  Wow.  That is some serious f-ing obsession.

Not to dither too much... but...

1. UCF is east, not west of USF.

2. USF alumni legislators also threatened legislation.

3. USF agreed to play C-USA teams instead of paying money to leave C-USA.

4. O'Leary and Tribble whined of their own volition - they obviously drank the kool aid.

I would point out that:

UCF fans are as obsessed with USF as USF fans are with the Big Three.

USF fans treat UCF the same way the Big Three fans treat USF.

Am I the only one that finds that ironic??

The economics of this series make more sense to continue it than all of the reasons to stop it ... combined.

Hard to believe so many people can't see that.

usf should  continue to play this series

usf should continue to embarass them

usf should continue to get top recruits along 1 4 corridor

there is plenty for usf to play for

i look at it as a win -win for usf

the opponents for this series are afraid to plau ftu/ou/oc.fear should never drive a decision

and of course legislature should not  get involved in any case

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been adament about not playing them if we do not want to, but we do have the C-DOA obligation, and so if C-DOA insists it be played then let the game be played.

We'll play them two more years, and then afterward reassess, but if we beat then four straight then I sure hope if our Administration decides not to renew there is no more goofy articles by Bianchi.

Let's get it on.

this game makes the most sense

however if ftu/ou/oc beats usf they would become a candidate for the big east also which would hurt cusa

i wonder why they didnt just make UCF come back to tampa for the fifth and final game...

to torture fans like usfmikeb that dont want the game

and maybe irritate usf coach and administration that aslo dont want the game

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

Greg says in his articles that we are likely to be let out of the 5 game agreement.

"When USF left C-USA to join the Big East, it agreed to play one game against a C-USA school each season for five years, if requested. It's now unlikely the league will require USF to honor a fifth game in 2009."

Bulls add beef to schedule

http://www.sptimes.com/blogs/usf/

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

If the proposed USF-Miami series becomes reality, there is simply no reason to continue a 1 for 1 series with UCF.

You play the hand you're dealt and right now our hand is stronger than UCF's.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Play UCF.  Game generates fan interest and eliminates a 1-aa.

Play UCF.  Game generates fan interest and eliminates a 1-aa.

The only problem with that is UCF won't play every game in Tampa.  So USF would still need a I-AA every other year.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

i wonder why they didnt just make UCF come back to tampa for the fifth and final game...

to torture fans like usfmikeb that dont want the game

and maybe irritate usf coach and administration that aslo dont want the game

It isn't torture to me.  I just see it as a game where you are playing your little brother that always follows you around saying stupid stuff that is embarassing in the real world and makes you roll your eyes.  I'd rather see us play against real teams, from real conferences, that are noticable to the rest of the country.  I see playing UCF as being no better for our national image than playing a I-AA, which I don't like to see either.

Also, we should not be doing 1 for 1 deals with non-BCS teams, because it makes the BCS teams that we do 1 for 1 deals with ask why they are on contractual par with subpar conferences.  It may make getting other 1 for 1 deals harder in the long run, although Woolard is doing a great job on that.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Mike, a 1 for 1 with Indiana and Kansas will come regardless both have schedule 1 for 1's with Non-BCS schools in the past 5 years. And I doubt it will hurt that much to have a 1 for 1 with UCF.

Tennessee is doing 2 series with Memphis, LSU signed a 10 year home & away deal with Tulane, Colorado has played Colorado State annually, doesn't seem to make people think they aren't good enough to be playing other schools.

I agree with the younger brother comments, but it also is a game that drew a legit 40,000 last year and created buzz amongst the students...if you ask me thats a big deal to have.  OF course a series with Miami would trump it, but until the rumored series is finalized, I think UCF is a good opponent to have on the schedule.