• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Breaking news ... #8

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

The name of #8 from what I was told is El Toro Caliente, which I thought was a great name!  I wish they wouldn't change it, I kinda like the old one.  

And I've been privileged to hear an advance copy of the band CD, and its everything you would expect.  All their greatest hits and they sound great.  

El Toro Caliente is actually the name of the piece that the HOT plays during pregame. The Bull (#8) is actually a variation on a theme from Malagueña.

Actually #8 is similar to a part in Malagueña, however it is derived from The Spaniard. It is a very common chord sequence in traditional classical Spanish music.

You are correct about El Toro Caliente.  This is the very first song in our pregame show.

As always, GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Quit all this talk and get the **** CD and ringtones out already!!!

SPRINT has our fight song as a ringer.  It is the sound clip from our website.  The last time I checked, USF was still listed under CUSA and not Big East.

I've also had the opportunity to listen to the CD.  It's HOT!!!  I cannot wait for it to be released myself.  I know that our Director wants to finalize a couple of things, so it shouldn't be that much longer....No date has been set for the release.  He does know that you guys are craving to have the CD.

As always, GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

I'm a moron... I had El Toro Caliente on the brain because its a Spanish reference and it's on the CD as well.  I knew it was called The Spaniard because at one point I asked like 100 people what the name of the song really was, and nobody had a clue.  Until I found out it had a name, I thought we should have a "name the really cool song" contest.  But as Bill Simmons says, the lesson, as always, I'm an idiot.  

I think The Spaniard is still way cooler than The Bull FWIW.  And after a while, I thought keeping the name as #8 could be really cool itself.  Traditions get started because of goofy things, and having that song as #8 on the playlist could be one of them.  I thought possibly someday we could have that number mean something to the program like #12 at Texas A & M, #44 at Syracuse, etc.  Like have the replica jerseys be #8 instead of #4.  "Retire" the number, or keep it special and dedicate it to the Spirit of USF, or the fans, something like that.  And then again maybe I'm just crazy...

And I got a copy because someone had to burn copies for the cheerleaders so they could prepare for the season.  Perks of the job:)  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

i am jonesing for some football!

HOT talk just does not do it for me!

READY FOR FOOTBALL !!!

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Post the #8 The Bull ringtone ASAP when you get it.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Still say HOT should come out in shorts and T's and ballcaps till they get new uni's!!!   Force the issue folks!!!    Reaper  (aka TBA"s drumlinecoach)

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

The CD is very HOT!!!  We will be previewing it for everyone at the Pre Season Tailgate on August 19th.  It actually has #8 on twice, the short version and the long.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

nice when does it go on sale

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

Still say HOT should come out in shorts and T's and ballcaps till they get new uni's!!!   Force the issue folks!!!    Reaper  (aka TBA"s drumlinecoach)

I second that.

The AD overpays the head football coach while the hot and cheerleaders have to go begging for new uniforms.  :(

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

The CD is very HOT!!!  We will be previewing it for everyone at the Pre Season Tailgate on August 19th.  It actually has #8 on twice, the short version and the long.

Any chance at getting a 30-second sample MP3 clip of that bad boy up on here?  ;-)