• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Think about the FUTURE !

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I feel safe at Bull Backer Tailgates  8-)

BBLogo-HeadStraight.jpg

http://www.bullbackers.com/tailgating.htm

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

i think you guys are all forgetting about the economic impact of a stadium on campus.  not only would it bring visitors to the area every saturday, more restaurants will pop up, as well as bars, and "student ghettos" will pop up with affordable housing for students (i.e.- like around doak campbell stadium).  yet all you guys talk about is the lack of parking.  the parking will happen, and fowler/fletcher isnt nearly the ghetto of overtown in miami or the downtown LA for USC.  the park/walk will add to the environment of a gameday experience.

i think many USF fans here have never been to a college football game on campus, and only think about the inconveniences to try to justify not having one.  with the "inconvenience of parking" comes an exponential growth in economy, town-gown exposure, and overall gameday experience.

something to think about.  sure, UCF got shoved into their situation of building an OCS, but i think many would be lying of they said they didnt feel jealous over what they were about to get.  ya it might be an erector set and there's still a lot to be desired, but stadiums are always expandable (i.e.- ben hill griffin stadium) and the return on the investment is 10-fold.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

also the River is running through the stadium you phto shoped in.

that is not a river, its alumni drive, AND it was not photoshoped!  It was copied and pasted with PAINT! :D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

OK SO ARE WE GOING TO DRIVE THROUGH THE STADIUM?  ;)

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254

i think many USF fans here have never been to a college football game on campus, and only think about the inconveniences to try to justify not having one.  

Seems to me like everyone is in favor, not worryig about the inconveniences. I personally have been to an on-campus game before (Univeristy of Kentucky to be exact). i'm telling you guys it is the greatest experience ever. Parking won't be too much of a hassle IMO. In case you haven't noticed that during the weekend more than half of the students that live on campus go home. That definitely frees up most of the resident parking lots. There are plenty of parking garages, with even more going up. Then with the Sun Dome lot, and the park-n-ride lots, I don't really see how parking would be much of an issue. You can walk anywhere on this campus in less than a half hour. And like he said, it's all part of the experience if you have to walk a little bit. Stopping at other people's tailgates and talking smack to visiting fans is a great time. I can't wait (and it will) unitl this project is under way.