• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

B.B. Waldon with Bulls again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I happened to be looking up BB Waldon and saw that he had played for Yunnan Honghe "Running Bulls" basketball team in China, and happened to come across this thread.

I also see here that the "Where's Waldon" picture link still doesn't work correctly.

Since I'm here, I wonder if BB ever got paid playing over there.

The Running Bulls

Yunnan's defunct professional basketball team added another chapter to its troubled history yesterday when its former director went on trial for corruption, misappropriation of funds and embezzlement.

Han Zhikun (韩志昆) became director of the Honghe Running Bulls (红河奔牛) in 2004 and oversaw the team during its rise from a lower league to the Chinese Basketball Association, the country's premier professional league.

He was also director during the Running Bulls' subsequent spectacular financial collapse. The team was ejected from the CBA in 2009 for non-payment of wages to its players and coaches and failure to service its debt.

The Running Bulls were originally based in Mengzi in Honghe prefecture, but later moved to Kunming. The team has not been re-added to the CBA roster and appears to no longer be in operation...

http://www.gokunming.com/en/blog/item/1885/running_bulls_former_director_on_trial

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

wheres_waldon.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Glad it's back!!!