• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Magic do it again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

The Magic draft poorly again in the 1st round, freakin JJ.  The guy can't play D and now has a bad back.  You would think by now that the Magic would stay away from guys that need surgery especially those from Duke.  I have tried to be a fan of the Magic, however, I did not go to any games last year for the first time due to their poor drafting and I will not attend any this upcoming season.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

whats *hic* wrong with *hic* JJ Reddick?

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

The Magic draft poorly again in the 1st round, freakin JJ.  The guy can't play D and now has a bad back.  You would think by now that the Magic would stay away from guys that need surgery especially those from Duke.  I have tried to be a fan of the Magic, however, I did not go to any games last year for the first time due to their poor drafting and I will not attend any this upcoming season.

You can always become a fan of the WORLD CHAMPS.....

Go Heat!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

bullwark, Why the beef with Redick, it's not like the guy averaged 26 ppg being double teamed and having a derogatory name for homosexuals yelled at him everytime he touched the ball. The Magic have plenty of athletic guard/fowards with Dooling/Stevenson/Ariza possibly returning and the team finished the season 12-3 with wins over Detroit, Dallas, and San Antonio.

As for his back, don't listen to the media. I played my junior year of high school football with a herniated disk in my back, it took a few epidorals and some drugs and it worked itself out. It's not a blown back and it doesn't look to require surgery.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

Joe,

The back is an unknown...  maybe you played with it, maybe JJ will, but look how it is affecting Tracy McGrady.  He is one of the best players in the NBA, even when hurt, but he is missing games left and right because of it.  It is a big gamble that might work out great for the Magic, if he can play throught any pain, but it could backfire too.  

It is a big unknown at this point.  I'd say it is worth the risk, because of how good he really is, but to say the media is overreacting to his back injury, well I don't know if that is true or not... but we will find out.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

TMac has a degenerative disk though, which is one of the reasons the Magic just dumped his quickly.

I understand the NBA season and training will be much more grueling and could hurt JJ, however I am really not all that concerned with it.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

fingers crossed...  there is no doubting his talent.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

i think they did well this draft they could of gotten another european player that will run away when it time to play in the nba