• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

D-1 teams should not play D-1AA

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Sadly, lead by the BCS Conferences....Div I-A members ran to the voting both to allow I-AA wins to count EVERY YEAR for bowl eligibility (including just a 6-6 record), instead of the previous one win every 4 years.

Most AD's/Presidents just wanted an easy cheap HOME win that would bring in (some cases MILLIONS of $$$$$) new revenue.

It's sad...but that's the rules...and that's why soooo many teams are filling up this year and future schedules with I-AA teams.

KL

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,103
  • Content Count:  1,741

Actually, playing D-1AA teams do detract from a team trying to get into a better bowl.  The S.o.S. is supposedly not being used but how many sportcasters with votes have you heard talking about easy schedules and why they couldn't vote for a team, because they played a cream puff schedule?  

With USF playing two 1AA's in a row gives the BULLS no credibility, when they come in with a 7-5 or 8-4 record.  I know Louisville has gotten away from scheduling 1-AA's and the CANES try their best not to but they have problems of teams not wanting to give them home and home games and have to fill in open dates sometimes.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Guys,

Come on now, yes more D I-AA teams are being signed on. However, all these news agencies fail to report the number of big games being signed. Outside of a few, most schools have or are finalizing deals to play better intersectional games.

Where the increase in I-AA comes in is the money. It is much more expensive to bring in a Troy/FIU/Eastern Michigan than it is any D-IAA team. The I-AA games are replacing those teams on the schedule at most schools.

Ohio State is in the works to sign 2 games with Youngstown St (D-IAA, Tressel's previous job), however they have also signed deals with OKlahoma, USC, and Miami

Oklahoma has done the same (cannot think of the schools), but they also have series with Miami, FSu, ND, and Tennessee

Georgia has signed App State and Georgia Southern, but they also have deals with Arizona State, Colorado, Louisville, Cincy, Clemson. Not to mention their annual clash with GT.

There are plenty of other examples, it's just the media trying to make the NCAA look like crap for giving a 12th game and not a playoff. Sure there are a few schools that have scheduled lightly, but the number of schools that have made good intersectional series w/ D-IAA outweighs those who haven't

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

I wonder where Florida is on that signing big game thing.  They probably are nowhere to be found.

They signed Miami and are in discussions with Oklahoma, Michigan, Rutgers and USC.

The crapper is LSU, they have signed NOTHING...literally...I hope they  aren't the bad apple.

FSU has signed some big games after looking like they wouldn't for awhile. They have Alabama in a nuetral game and said they wanna play nuertral games...maybe us

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

LSU needs to get the ball rolling.  They are going to give the rest of the SEC more of a bad rap when it comes to scheduling.

LSU has a pre existing series with Arizona State and they signed Tulane to a series through 2016...but come on, how many LSU fans will pack the Super Dome. It will be a "home like" game for LSU no matter how hard Tulane tries to fill the stadium.

To their defense they haven't filled in their schedules beyond 2007 and they haven't signed a I-AA team.

FSU has signed some big games after looking like they wouldn't for awhile. They have Alabama in a nuetral game and said they wanna play nuertral games...maybe us

Both FSU's AD and Coach Bowden have publicly stated that they never want to play USF because it provides no benefit to them -- expecially from a recruiting standpoint.

My guess is the first time USF will play FSU might be in the Gator Bowl. If then.

Ya I've heard the same too Jim. Just wishful thinking. However if there is any team that could be hurt by USF it would be FSU. Their coach is aging, they are not close to any major cities, and have been sliding the last few years.

I'm not saying it will happen, but it could.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

They signed Miami and are in discussions with Oklahoma, Michigan, Rutgers and USC.

The crapper is LSU, they have signed NOTHING...literally...I hope they  aren't the bad apple.

Come on Joe, no way UF gets done with any of those schools sans Rutgers if they strictly visit at home.  UF does not leave Gainesville in OOC games for anyone except FSU, and Miami.  They've said very publically they're not starting now.  UF has a standard 8 game rotation in the SEC, 3 home, 4 away, and 1 neutral (UF v. GA in Jacksonville)...they get 1 FSU home or away each year.  UF standardizes it's schedule to have at least 6 games in the Swamp each year.  Adding a 12th game might make them venture a tad bit out, but I doubt it.  They've been pretty adament that they would prefer to play a seventh game in Gainesville each year unless something outside looks particularly enticing.