• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is Leavitt's best recruit?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

It seems everytime a good thread is started four or five guys have to come in and crap on it and then it turns into a debating fest about them.

Ignore turkey, he doesn't add anything anyway.  Let's keep up the comments and thoughts about players.  This is the summer and lets have some fun.

YOU KEEP SAYING 'LETS HAVE FUN" AND YOU ARE FIRST ONE TO CRAP ON POSTER THAT DISAGREES WITH YOU

SO WHAT THAT 4 OR 5 DISSENT?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

YOU KEEP SAYING 'LETS HAVE FUN" AND YOU ARE FIRST ONE TO CRAP ON POSTER THAT DISAGREES WITH YOU

SO WHAT THAT 4 OR 5 DISSENT?

Shut up and move along.  I don't have time for your ignorant ass, and most of us are just here to have fun.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  42

what about Evan kracky, he had alot of press, but no production. I think he broke his ankle or something like that. and never recovered, he was suppose to be the next great.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

what about Evan kracky, he had alot of press, but no production. I think he broke his ankle or something like that. and never recovered, he was suppose to be the next great.

I already suggested him :)  

I didn't say his name, i just referenced him as the 8'0 QB with the 2.4 second 40 time  ;)

I hate labeling Evan as a bust because he never came-in with really any fanfare.  The expectations was always that he was a project.  In fact the staff didn't even offer a scholarship until well after signing day, and even then it was hardly with enthusiasm.

It was more wishful thinking on some fans that hoped Evan's HS numbers meant something.    The truth is Evan was a project from day one.

wow, our bullshater has a good one in Brian Fisher.  On so many levels too.   He was very highly acclaimed out of HS, but what a bust after seeing glimpses of good stuff in 2001 and 2002, the legal issues corraled a once promising career.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

Ronnie Banks is my fan favorite

Speaking of Ronnie Banks......sent him a check for a $100 after the hurricane...never received a thank you note...I hope that he and his family are doing ok.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Shut up and move along.  I don't have time for your ignorant ass, and most of us are just here to have fun.

THERE IS THAT FUN LINE AGAIN ALONG WITH A DIRTY WORD

CONFUSING

KRAKY CAME IN WITH ALOT OF FANFARE

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

I hate labeling Evan as a bust because he never came-in with really any fanfare.  The expectations was always that he was a project.  In fact the staff didn't even offer a scholarship until well after signing day, and even then it was hardly with enthusiasm.

It was more wishful thinking on some fans that hoped Evan's HS numbers meant something.    The truth is Evan was a project from day one.

In the early period he was very highly rated:

06/01/2001 - Updated 03:37 PM ET  

An early look at the top quarterbacks

Read Max's chat transcript from Signing Day

Max Emfinger's Top 125 players from last season

Tyler Palko (6-3, 215, 4.55) of West Allegheny (Imperial, Pa.) may be the No. 1 all-around player in the country.

Consider these stats: On offense, this southpaw quarterback threw for 3,428 yards and 41 touchdowns as a junior. He also ran for another 1,112 yards and 24 touchdowns. And if this wasn't enough, I just saw him run a fake punt 70 yards for another touchdown. On defense, he is just as sensational, as he logged 156 tackles and recorded 12 picks.

The real scoop about Palko is that he could be the best free safety in the country along with also being one of the top quarterbacks.

His dad, Bob Palko is his high school head coach and his dad sent me a great highlight tape on his son. For the first 15 minutes, Tyler is running and throwing for touchdowns, but then after that, the defensive highlights come on. It would fool the average person, because Tyler Palko is a "6 or 7 frame offer." A "6 or 7 frame offer" is a player that once you have seen 6 or 7 frames of his highlight tape, you turn off the video recorder and put him on your "take" and "early offer" list.

In this case, I did not know the defensive highlights were coming, but I'm sure glad that I waited. It's really hard to believe that a kid playing quarterback on offense, could be this hard-nosed of a safety on defense, but Palko is that tough. I think he could become an All-American linebacker or safety in college if he only played defense.

Rating: 7.50

Justin Zwick (6-4, 210, 4.67) of powerhouse Washington (Massillion, Ohio) is my early No. 1 rated dropback quarterback. In what looks like a sensational quarterback class, Zwick is considered to be one of the best, if not the best dropback quarterback.

His three-year career stats are very impressive as he has 7,209 passing yards and 75 touchdowns. As a junior, he passed for 2,460 yards and 24 scores and was selected as the All-Ohio quarterback. As a freshman, while playing for Orrville, he led his team to the Division III state championship. He transferred to Washington last year.

On film, Zwick reminds me a lot of last year's prospects Brent Rawls or Brodie Croyle with his strong arm and field presence. He is also a tremendous leader who brings his teammates to a different level around him. He is tough and polished at the same time. I really love this kid. I believe that Zwick, along with Palko, will be two of my favorite players in this recruiting class, just like Rawls and Croyle were in the class last year.

Zwick tells me that right now he likes Ohio State, Michigan and Pittsburgh as his early favorites. In fact, Ohio State might be in the early lead as Zwick visited their campus while the Buckeye students were on spring break. Zwick has also been to some Ohio State basketball games.

Vincent Young (6-5, 200, 4.38) of Madison (Houston, Texas) is a definite cross between Tyler Palko and Justin Zwick, because he displays the talents of both of those great quarterbacks. I recently saw film on Young and the first thing that you notice is that he is a tremendous physical specimen and that he would be a once in a lifetime player for any coach.

At a recent spring practice, there were eight big-time college coaches standing on the sidelines hoping that Vincent would see their monogrammed shirt. These coaches were all in complete shock to see how gifted a quarterback that they were able to see practicing on the Madison practice field.

These coaches were not only highly impressed with this great physical specimen, but also at the way he handled himself and the way he threw pinpoint spirals to his many receivers. At 6-5, he is the perfect dropback quarterback, but when you can run a 4.38 in the forty, you could play any position on the field. All who have seen this kid are in total shock as to his unbelievable potential.

Although, Young is a dropback quarterback, he ran for nearly 1,000 yards as a junior and averaged about 8.0 yards per carry.

Every college coach that has seen Young, feels that he can lead them to the national championship. Young told me that his top five schools are Florida State, Texas, LSU, Miami and Oklahoma.

Evan Kraky (6-3, 195, 4.5, 950) of Lakeland (Jermyn, Pa.) is one of the best pinpoint passers that I have seen lately. He simply does what he needs to do in moving the team down the field for a score. He also rarely comes off of the field and is an aggressive free safety who hits hard and intercepts frequently.

In watching film on Kraky, and seeing him throw the short passes to perfection, it's hard not to remember another quarterback by the name of Ty Detmer that did much of the same. There is a very distinct difference in the two, because Kraky can run with the ball on either an option play or scrambling out of the pocket.

On one play in particular, Kraky ran to his left, stopped and hit a receiver back to his right on a misdirection play for about a 30-yard touchdown. He throws the quick outs and quick look-ins with great confidence and he is also very polished on his quick fade patterns.

Kraky looks like a born leader on the field and he is a leader on both sides of the line. His 13 career interceptions are pretty exceptional for a quarterback who never comes off of the field.

His career passing also reads pretty well as he has completed 301 of 535 for 5,782 yards and 64 touchdowns. He only needs about 1,600 passing yards to break the state passing record. He should get it in the first half of the season.

I really like this kid and his leadership abilities. He is also very smart with a 3.2 GPA and a 950 on his first SAT. He averages 15 points a game in basketball and he hit three home runs in baseball. Kraky tells me that his early favorites are Tennessee, North Carolina State, Penn State and Pittsburgh.

Rating: 7.48