• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expose on Bulls Baseball/Cardieri by Brett/TBO

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

I think the bigger point we arer trying to make is that EC has never had a fundraiser (to my knowledge) to build a new stadium or get new equipment. he has never traveled around the state, living out of his car selling the dream of playing Bull baseball. Never made the rounds at alumni chapters drumming up support/money for the program. In short, he is not the man for this job because that may be what it will take. A change will demand an increase in staff spending and will accelerate the timetable for new baseball digs.

Question: Why do we need a 9,000 seat state of the art stadium when the average attendance is what 50? I think this stadium will accomadate 50 people.

WUBUWGAPBSSCFLG.20051230181809.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Question: Why do we need a 9,000 seat state of the art stadium when the average attendance is what 50? I think this stadium will accomadate 50 people.

WUBUWGAPBSSCFLG.20051230181809.jpg

You guys are being a tad hypocritical.  The Sun Dome Can certainly handle the 1500 it draws as well, so why upgrade it?

I know that crack was facetious, but the fact remains that the Ole Red is scheduled to be retired. We need a foaming at the mouth, recruiting machine to get the right players on the field.

When CJL didn't like the trailers he did something about it and elevated the entire athletic dept with him. EC has had 21 years man. TWENTY ONE FREAKEN YEARS. All he has done was ride the momentum he built up in the Sun Belt and Metro conferences into the ground.

Statistically he is at the bottom. Morale is at the bottom of the barrell and his credibilty is just above mine around here, AND THAT AINT GOOD.

To quote Sam Cooke "It's been a long time coming, but I know a change is gonna come"

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

You also could've included the North Fla Osprey.  Even they have a much nicer stadium.  Coincidentally, many of these stadiums were opened around the time USF Baseball started it's decline.  Another coincidence?

I really don't see how people can come here and say facilities don't matter?  If so, why not just let USF Football stay in their trailers?  Why have so many complained about the Sun Dome?

Yeah I left them out.

JU is a dump to.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,091
  • Days Won:  469

Keep this up much longer, the Devil Rays will have a good excuse too.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Keep this up much longer, the Devil Rays will have a good excuse too.

Hey!  The Trop is a pretty decent place!

Look, if Kevin Costner can get the Black Sox to play in a corn field we should at least be able to get together a team that could beat the Terriers of Hillsborough High.

field%20of%20dreams.jpg

Terence Mann: Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray.

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray.

It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again.

Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

Hell, that field is ten times better than the Red, plus Field of Dreams is the best sports movie EVER!

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

Look, if Kevin Costner can get the Black Sox to play in a corn field we should at least be able to get together a team that could beat the Terriers of Hillsborough High.

field%20of%20dreams.jpg

Apparently PACE was able to do that.

HB Plant 1988 last Hillsborough County public high school to win state. Someone I know may or may not have been on that team.