• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

3 Oklahoma Bball Players trying to leave!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Also getting Cann & Howard

Especially Howard!

Now we'll have 2 quality PG's instead of just 1 servicible backup and 1 injured SG playing PG (Dennis)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

If any of the OU guys are under 5'0"  Mac will be all over them.  under 6'0, he'll have moderate interest.  Anything over 6'10, no interest at all.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

Mac will Destroy us ;)

If any of the OU guys are under 5'0"  Mac will be all over them.  under 6'0, he'll have moderate interest.  Anything over 6'10, no interest at all.  

SURE.... that just shows your ignorance of the situation.

Look at the guards Mac has recruited.  Every one of them has been over 6'0.  In fact.... Howard is a 6'4 PG.

Dennis is 6'3.  Curry is 6'5.  Bozeman 6'4.

These are tall PG sizes for the NBA, nevermind college.

Solomon Jones 6'11?  Frane 6'11?  Mayfield 6'10?

Geez... those guys are just too short.  Someone of Jone's dwarf height is never going to be a good recruit.  ::)

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

SURE.... that just shows your ignorance of the situation.

Look at the guards Mac has recruited.  Every one of them has been over 6'0.  In fact.... Howard is a 6'4 PG.

Dennis is 6'3.  Curry is 6'5.  Bozeman 6'4.

These are tall PG sizes for the NBA, nevermind college.

Solomon Jones 6'11?  Frane 6'11?  Mayfield 6'10?

Geez... those guys are just too short.  Someone of Jone's dwarf height is never going to be a good recruit.  ::)

Guess I should have posted the "tongue in cheek icon".   ::)

Mayfield isn't here yet, Frane is not a BE calibre player, Jones was great but where is he going to be next year?  Not here.  Mac is not bringing in enough size for next season.  

When I say "size" I don't mean PG size.  Since when does it even matter how tall your PG is?  yeah, let's bring in slightly bigger than average players for our guards.  They will tremendously help us rebounding as they are standing beyond the 3 point line.   Also, let's bring in smaller than average players for our traditional big man roles PF and C to play in the freaking BE, the most physical conference in the country.  It will be the reason we have to suffer another embarrasing season under him but thankfully this will be his undoing.  I plan on posting a rebounding thread after every game next season to illustrate his deficiencies in building this team.  

Big guards do make a difference.  Especially when you are going to have to rely on those guards to help with the rebounding until we get enough size in there.

We won't be embarrassed next season.

Please do post a rebounding thread.  I can't wait.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Big Guards are great, but we will still lack a big presense in the paint.  The Nova examples do not fit in with us, for our guards are no where near their guards and we do not have a jason fraser or sheridan.  

Who is going to replace the Jones'? Solomon is gone as we all know, and Franklin Jonmes now committed to the powerhouse UTEP.  Which in my opinion is a good thing.  Ive seen him play with Mt Zion and an AAU team in ny where he is from.  He is the biggest guy out there with the littlest talent.  

Looks like our excuse is going to change from point guard problems to big man problems next year, when we have no depth at big man.  Hopefully no one gets hurt or leaves so we wont need a walk on in our starting lineup....again!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,684
  • Days Won:  424

I played some golf with a couple of big donors at Tampa Palms on saturdy.

Weren't they a little woozy?

blood_donor1.jpg

Hopefully they drank of lot of juice out there on the course ......

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,684
  • Days Won:  424

Big guards do make a difference.  Especially when you are going to have to rely on those guards to help with the rebounding until we get enough size in there.

We won't be embarrassed next season.

Please do post a rebounding thread.  I can't wait.

Rebounding is not just about size. Anybody who has followed USF hoops for a long time can attest to that .......

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Rebounding is not just about size. Anybody who has followed USF hoops for a long time can attest to that .......

So with Solomon leaving, Franklin Jones going to Utep and no proven big man, you believe we do not need more size?  If thats the case maybe you should coach us next year.