• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's Parsons signs with WNBA's Sting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

hey folks. this isn't on the official site, but figured i'd pass it along ... here's the release from USF ...

Tampa, FL (April 24, 2006) – Former University of South Florida women’s basketball player Ezria Parsons (Bushnell, FL) has signed a free agent contact with the Charlotte Sting of the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA). The Sting is coached by former National Basketball Association standout Tyrone “Muggsy†Bouges and their general manager is former USF head coach Trudi Lacey (1988-96).

“We wanted to add depth to our post position,†said Lacey.  Ã¢â‚¬Å“Ezria is a very good rebounder and defensive player and possesses the athleticism we are looking for in a post player.â€Â

Parsons, who graduated in December with a degree in interdisciplinary social sciences, helped lead the Bulls to a 19-12 record and a 9-7 slate in their first year in the BIG EAST Conference this past season. At the conclusion of the regular season USF advanced to its first-ever NCAA Tournament earning a No. 9 seed in the Bridgeport Region where it faced USC in the first round in Norfolk, VA.

“I am really excited to have this opportunity with the Charlotte Sting,†said Parsons. “I wasn’t really expecting this to happen, but not that it has I’m just going to do all of the little things and work hard to show the staff that I have what it takes to play against the talent in the WNBA.â€Â

“This is a great opportunity for Ezria,†said USF head coach Jose Fernandez. “She has the ability to defend, rebound, and play several positions, and I think her versatility, work ethic, and unselfishness on both ends of the floor will impress the Charlotte Sting organization.â€Â

Parsons played three years for the Bulls after transferring from Auburn following the 2001-02 campaign. She averaged a career high 8.9 points per game during her senior season, however it was on the glass where the six-foot forward excelled. Parsons led the team in rebounding, and was fifth in the BIG EAST, grabbing 8.5 boards per game. She grabbed double digit rebounds eight times during the 2005-06 campaign and a season high 14 twice against Florida International (Jan. 2) and No. 21/22 Notre Dame (Jan. 28). Parsons also became just the third player in school history – and the first since Wanda Guyton (1986-89) – to lead the team in rebounding in back-to-back seasons.

Parsons is the second USF player to attend a WNBA training camp. She joins Guyton who played – and started – during the 1997 and 1998 seasons with the Houston Comets. Guyton was drafted in 1997 in the first round of the inaugural WNBA Draft with the fifth pick overall. During her time in Houston the former Bull won two straight World Championships with the Comets. She currently plays professionally in Germany.

Parsons began training camp with the Sting on Monday.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

mazel tov to ezria, glad to see her moving up and continuing playing basketball, heres to hoping she makes a name for herself in the wnba, which leads to more light over here for usf

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Good to have another bull up here in NC! I may have to trip down to a Sting game and support.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

Congratulations EZ.

Unlike most of  USF fans on this board I attended Women's Basketball games at the Dome. ::)

• Topic Count:  1,034
  • Content Count:  7,512
  • Days Won:  10

Congratulations EZ.

Unlike most of  USF fans on this board I attended Women's Basketball games at the Dome. ::)

Can't even complement someone without digging at someone or something else, can you?

Hey, congrats on attending games at the Sun Dome, but don't assume that those who post here from out of town wouldn't and those who live in town don't.

Can't even complement someone without digging at someone or something else, can you?

Hey, congrats on attending games at the Sun Dome, but don't assume that those who post here from out of town wouldn't and those who live in town don't.

I'm wasn't assuming anything.. 1.  I've read many of the comments on this board about WBB games.  2. I've seen the fan turnout at  the games.

• Topic Count:  1,034
  • Content Count:  7,512
  • Days Won:  10

Still an assumption, sorry.

How many times did you travel from downtown Lutz to the Dome to see Jessica and Company play?

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

I'm with Mr. Soup on this one. Sorry guys.