• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ONLY 2 PRIME TIME GAMES FOR THE BUCS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Why in the hell are you a Dolphins fan??

Hence, the word "average" ....... The Bucs have a hardcore base of 30-40K who have been there through the horrible years.

Is this not sinking in?? The Bucs were coming off a dozen years where they were the WORST FRANCHISE IN SPORTS! You don't turn that image around overnight. Again, I pose the question, if the Dolphins were in a 12 year dumper like that, do you actually think they average that 56K ..... or anywhere near it?

As far as throwing Jax and TB ahead of you, show me where either one of those had an NFL Playoff game blacked out and we'll talk.

They averaged around 15K the 4 years previous ..... Even factoring out the comps, that's hardly "NO fans at those games".

I am a Dolphins fan because my first pop warner football team was the Dolphins, Marino was the QB and I wanted to be Dan Marino...My dad is a Gator fan and I am a Bull fan, I think I'm allowed to differ

But don't get me wrong I do go for the Bucs so long as they are not playing the Dolphins, I just think it is undeniable that they have a great bandwagon following. I understand that they were the worst franchise in sports, barely beating the Clippers, but they NEVER drew consistently until 1997...

In 1983 less than 2 years after going to the NFC Championship game they averaged 49,000! They never averaged more than 50,000 until 1989!

I understand the blackout, it was a terrible blackeye on the franchise in 2002, I doubt it will happen again, and I am NOT saying Miami doesn't have a bandwagon following they are just as bad as Tampa as a WHOLE, however, you cannot deny the Bucs have more of a bandwagon following.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

In my opinion you cant call bucs fans banwagoners anymore.  There has to be a certain point of fan consistency where you can just say "bucs fans are no longer bandwagoners."  The so called buccaneer "bandwagon" have sold out every game since the end of the 1997 season.  That includes two losing seasons in a row, a disapointing 7-9 season and a 5-11 season and the buccaneers still had no trouble selling out after that.  has miami sold out every game since 1997? or even 2000? Do they have a season ticket waiting list that is over 100,000?  The point is if we had such a huge bandwagon problem, people would have stopped showing up last year way before our 11-5 season.  Bucs fans arent going anywhere.

USFTAMPA, I understand that fans are committed now, but those two seasons are comming off of a Super Bowl win. What happens when they have 3 or 4 years in the future where they are not good at all? It will happen. New England was the same way they couldn't pay people to sit in Foxboro before the mid 90s. Parcells comes in makes them a contender and now everyone is a HUGE Patriot fan.

While I think the current Bucs fans are great at supporting their team, history shows that a few bad seasons lead fans in another direction.

As for the Fins, I cannot deny our fans are bandwagon. However we have averaged more fans than RJS holds since 1999 (1998 we averaged 64,000). I am just stating that you have to admit that most of these Buc fans rarely to never attended games before 1997.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

I am a Dolphins fan because my first pop warner football team was the Dolphins, Marino was the QB and I wanted to be Dan Marino...My dad is a Gator fan and I am a Bull fan, I think I'm allowed to differ.

The Bulls are your local team. Growing up in Tampa yet following another NFL team is a serious character flaw.

I just think it is undeniable that they have a great bandwagon following.

Not denying that ........... just that it's third behind Atlanta and Miami in that category.

I understand that they were the worst franchise in sports, barely beating the Clippers, but they NEVER drew consistently until 1997...

They never drew "consistently" because they WERE the worst franchise in sports. The Glazers bought the team, brought in Tony and a turn around began ........... Jeebus, don't take this too personally, but how freaking dense can one be??

In 1983 less than 2 years after going to the NFC Championship game they averaged 49,000!

Actually that was FOUR years after going to the NFC championship game and they had just kicked their franchise qb to the curb ............ but don't let facts get in the way. How do you think Miami would have drawn if they had lost Marino to the USFL 5 years in?? I can almost guarantee it wouldn't have been as good the Bucs did.

They never averaged more than 50,000 until 1989!

That's because they were the worst franchise in sports! .............****, Joe!

And the fact they averaged anything over 30K attests to the Bucs fans in this area.

I understand the blackout, it was a terrible blackeye on the franchise in 2002, I doubt it will happen again, and I am NOT saying Miami doesn't have a bandwagon following they are just as bad as Tampa as a WHOLE, however, you cannot deny the Bucs have more of a bandwagon following.

An NFL team in the state of Florida having to scramble to sell out a playoff game is a great indicator of a fan base, it indicates they suck. It's hard to compare apples to apples here because, as pointed out earlier, Miami only had 2 losing seasons in the past 17 so they haven't been that HARD to follow. You put the types of years in Miami that TB strung together and I'd bet the house that the franchise would be gone ......... and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone outside a Dolfan that would disagree with that.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

When teams suck most people do not want to game to the games unless you are die hard. Why would you pay a ton of money to see ****. Joe loves the Gators. Flasportsfan loves the Hurricanes, dont let them fool you. You still have the 72' Dolphins cracking champagne after the last undefeated team loses. What a bunch of retards.    

We are the better team. Have the Bucs ever averaged more fans per game than the Dolphins? NOPE

Our ****** stadium as you say is a little smaller than that **** box down south.

Ya jg...have you ever said anything that shows you have 1/2 a brain? You seriously talk like you have downs syndrome.

I don't love the Gators, nor have I ever been a fan(I grew up a fan of Notre Dame). However, like most people on this board I don't hate them. I've given my reasons, my father and mother the greatest heros in my life are graduates and passionate fans, without my parents I would not have gotten to have a crack at playing JuCo football (they paid for it), I would not have attended USF (they paid for almost all of my schooling), and I would not have been able to afford the multitude of surgeries I have had on my knee.

To the same extent I go for the Bucs when they are not playing or affecting the Dolphins, I am not a Bucs fan and never have been, but I will go for them.

Trip, I grew up in Orlando, sorry to dissapoint. I do not hate the Bucs, in fact if you look up, after the Steelers and Patriots I think the Bucs are teh BEST run organization in football. However, I just feel their fans weren't there at the worst times...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Ya jg...have you ever said anything that shows you have 1/2 a brain? You seriously talk like you have downs syndrome.

I don't love the Gators, nor have I ever been a fan(I grew up a fan of Notre Dame). However, like most people on this board I don't hate them. I've given my reasons, my father and mother the greatest heros in my life are graduates and passionate fans, without my parents I would not have gotten to have a crack at playing JuCo football (they paid for it), I would not have attended USF (they paid for almost all of my schooling), and I would not have been able to afford the multitude of surgeries I have had on my knee.

To the same extent I go for the Bucs when they are not playing or affecting the Dolphins, I am not a Bucs fan and never have been, but I will go for them.

Trip, I grew up in Orlando, sorry to dissapoint. I do not hate the Bucs, in fact if you look up, after the Steelers and Patriots I think the Bucs are teh BEST run organization in football. However, I just feel their fans weren't there at the worst times...

Your parents affiliation and where you grew up do explain why you come across as a UF and UCF apologist at times .......... and as far as you growing up in Orlando disappointing me as far as the Bucs are concerned, it actually makes me feel better. Orlando is no mans land and anyone growing up there can be a Buc, Jag or Fin fan as far as I'm concerned ....

truth hurts gator joe?  i love tater-tots.....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

When teams suck most people do not want to game to the games unless you are die hard. Why would you pay a ton of money to see ****. Joe loves the Gators. Flasportsfan loves the Hurricanes, dont let them fool you. You still have the 72' Dolphins cracking champagne after the last undefeated team loses. What a bunch of retards.    

you really are a moron aren't you. I grew up a Canes fan yes and still consider myself a casual fan. I go every year to the UM FSU game, and possibly 1 or 2 others that fall on a weekend the Bulls aren't playing. I dont need to explain this again do I?

I AM A BULL