• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What other sports teams do U root for?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866
  • Days Won:  0

College- I'll watch Hampton play Grambling in November I love college basketball so much; but I don't really root for or against anyone, just good basketball.  I'm pulling for Indiana (because the fans really threw Mike Davis under a bus), Gonzaga, and a few others in the tourney (including Villanova being from Philly), but I certainly wouldn't call myself a fan.  

Like Bulliever, I openly root for every other team in the state to lose every single game.  During any UF-FSU game, I root for team infighting, poor coaching, and general incompetence.  I root for ignorant, fickle fans to turn on coaches and boo their own players.  I root for any overhyped players to fail miserably on the biggest stages.  I root for chaos and debauchery and whining.  The worse off they are, I say the better for us.  

MLB-Phillies, grew up in Philly, had season tickets as a kid

NFL-Fly, Eagles, Fly

NHL-Lightning (I burned my Flyers gear when they made the Lindros trade 16 years ago)

NBA-Sixers as a kid, Magic when I lived in Orlando, but don't feel much allegiance to either anymore.  I still like Iverson though, he's the perfect guy for that city.  

English Premiere League-Manchester United (though I root for the demise of the Glazer's every day)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

1. NCAA - The other "U"

2. NBA - Heat

3. MLB - Marlins/D-Rays

4. NFL - Bucs mostly, but Jacksonville and Miami as well, also Carolina kinda bc they treated us very well in Charlotte.

5. NHL - Lightning (Though I am a bandwagon fan  :-/ )

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  260

First and foremost I root for Our Bulls in every sport no matter what! Bleed Green and Gold!

College - Miami in football because from close to miami and dad had season tickets since I was 4 so if there not playing USF I root for the U. (I was at the Orange Bowl this year in Green and Gold rooting against the Canes for first time!) Unc in basketball when there not affecting USF have liked Unc since visited there when I was 6 yrs old!

NFL - Miami Dolphins (Daunte Culpepper we have a QB NOW woohoo!)

NBA - Miami Heat always loved the heat from Rony Seikaly days till now and the best player to watch on tv Dwayne Wade!

NHL - Didnt really ever watch to much hockey growing up but since coming to tampa love going to watch the Bolts!

MLB - The Insert City here Marlins! Hey we have 2 World Titles! I just wish we could keep our team! Still got the D-train!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  266

College- I watch all college sports I love it but would never root for anyone but the bulls.

NBA-never watch it it is such a joke.

NFL-Dolphins

MLB-Rays

NHL-Lightning

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

NCAA: I think that is pretty clear

NBA: Who cares... honestly

NFL: Titans/Bucs

NHL: Lightning/Predators

MLB: No particular team, follow the Marlins, Braves, DRays and Indians to some degree

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Like Bulliever, I openly root for every other team in the state to lose every single game.  During any UF-FSU game, I root for team infighting, poor coaching, and general incompetence.  I root for ignorant, fickle fans to turn on coaches and boo their own players.  I root for any overhyped players to fail miserably on the biggest stages.  I root for chaos and debauchery and whining.  The worse off they are, I say the better for us.

Classic...even debauchery...that is great!! LOL!

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

NCAA - I was born and raised in Miami and went to UM games since I could walk. I root for Miami and Army (veteran)

NBA: N/A

NFL: Bucs (root for the home team) (season ticket holder)

NHL: Lightning

MLB : Devil Rays and whoever plays Yankees

I do get a kick out of how some people from Tampa or central Florida root for the Dolphins, I moved to Tampa and became a Bucs fan. I love football and love live football so it made sense to root for the home team and buy season tickets rather than watch Dolphins on TV. Now I hate the Dolphins because of their fans.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509

NCAA - USF Bulls

NBA - what?

NFL - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NHL - Tampa Bay Lightning

MLB - Tampa Bay Devil Rays

The Yankees and any team from Philadelphia sucks!

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797

I think I have answered this query a dozen times on this board over the years, but here goes again.....

College:  Washington Huskies.  Grew up in Seattle; before pro sports there, every kid loved Jim Owens' Dawgs.

I don't like pro sports.  I DO root for Chucky Atkins, Kawicka Mitchell, Ant Henry, and Ross Gload (hopefully Andre Hall soon).

Normal

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

College: LSU (I went to grad school there); UF in a past life

NBA: Bulls in a past life

NHL: Lightning; Blackhawks in a past life

MLB: Cubbies

NFL: Da Bears