• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hall Shows Off For Scouts At Pro Timing Day

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566
  • Days Won:  0

By BRETT McMURPHY

TAMPA - While several of Andre Hall's former University of South Florida teammates were running 40-yard dashes for scouts representing more than a dozen NFL teams Friday, Hall watched comfortably from a distance.

Hall, who ran a 4.42-second 40 at the NFL combine last month, did not run the 40 at USF's annual Pro Timing Day at USF's soccer stadium. But he participated in the 20- and 60-yard shuttle and 3-cone runs before staying afterward so scouts could test his pass catching ability and route running.

"He's a very determined player," said Rick Reiprish, the New Orleans Saints' director of college scouting. "His background is what you like to see. He comes from a humble background, he wants to play and he has a passion for the game. He has some skills that will get him drafted. When he gets into camp, I think he has enough ability to hang on and be a contributing player."

Jonathan Kline, Hall's agent, believes Hall is "first-round material.

"They're looking at him for his production," Kline said. "They want him because of his athletic ability and the fact he's proven himself at the Division I level the last two years."

USF's career leading rusher and the Big East's leading rusher last season, Hall said he has been invited by Atlanta for a personal workout before next month's NFL draft. He's been projected as a third- to fifth-round pick.

"It's doesn't matter where I go, but what's important is I get a shot and a fair opportunity," Hall said. "That's all I want."

After his 4.42 40 at the NFL combine, the third-fastest by a running back at the combine, Hall said he got "a few more phone calls. The phone started ringing a little more," he said. "I saw the arrows on my draft status pointing straight up."

Hall's 5-foot-8, 206-pound frame will not hurt his draft status, Reiprish said.

"Running backs come in all different sizes," Reiprish said. "Everyone would like a 6-foot, 235-pound running back that runs 4.4 or 4.3, but they're not all out there. His size is not an inhibiting factor to a lot of teams.

"How he plays the game is going to be important. If you look at how he's played here, he's been very productive and I think he can continue to be."

I know Andre is the man this year, but it looked like everyone had a good workout. The one stat, and I cant believe Brett didnt put it in there or they havent put it on the website yet, Frank Davis benched 225lbs 36 TIMES! Never seen anything like it...

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

Was McMurphy sitting in a tree somewhere? I did not see him while I was there...maybe he showed up an hour or so late.

He was at the outside stuff I think near the end...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  162

A DE from Ohio State did 45 reps on the bench at the combines....it either tied or set the record.  The guy was 6' and about 260 lbs, too.

Oh my gosh though, I have never seen anyone do that before...a lot of scouts were impressed...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  162

I clearly remember Davis from the UCF game.  The guy just looks like a monster.  I would be very surprised if doesn't become a starting OG in the NFL very soon.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

I had a class with him last year he is huge

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

"He's huge, you know BIG!"

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

hope we get a few players drafted

it will help with recruiting

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

well you know Hall is going to be drafted Baker should go a an undrafted free agent  (as most punters do) Davis should go in the late rounds as well as Royal and Tim Jones may go in the late rounds but if not a UD- FA is not out of the questions