• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mac - The Big East - 2006-07 Season -

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Guest guest
Yes but you also have to look at who these teams are losing...I also know the talent Mac has next season with Howard, Gransberry, Williams, Curry, and Vadejo is way more talent than he has had since he has been here....Here are my conference wins next season:  Georgetown, Notre Dame, Rutgers, Seton Hall (2), West Virgina, and I think we might beat either Lousiville or Syracuse at home

I posted under the wrong name my bad

don't even bother big bull. Ari doesn't like to look at facts when arguing a point.

He thinks that WVU will be the same team even though they will probably lose their coach as well as losing 5 of their top 6 scorers due to graduation.

I think your expectations are more than realistic.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

I have USF beating Rutgers at least once maybe twice if Douby leaves for the NBA. I have us beating GTown once again. I have USF beating Seton Hall at least 1 time. I have USF beating Notre Dame at home. I have USF beating UL at home ( McCullum has been getting pretty close against Pitino the last two years) I have USF beating Cincy because the BEARCATS will lose a ton of talent after this season. I think the WVU game will be tough because it is on the road, but I think USF has a good chance because WVU is losing a ton of seniors this season. I like our chances if we stay healthy. This team wants to prove to everyone that McCullum is their coach.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

people harp on me for putting forth an argument yet history speaks exactly to what I am saying.

Mac has NEVER -- i repeat NEVER won more the FIVE games in a conference.  he won 1 game in con usa his first year.  5 games in his second year... and 1 game in his first year in the Big East.

Statistics tell you that the likely hood that he wins 6 games next year is somewhere between 10 and 15% .

hopefully he bucks the trend.

Ari -- who believes that "facts are stubborn things."

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Ari,

I have to correct you because Coach McCullum has one more that 5 games in a conference. McCullum won more than five games in the MAC when he was coaching at Western Michigan. He got that NIT bid also

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

As I watched the Big East Tourny tonight on ESPN I got really depressed.  It is just ridiculous that we are not in this tournament.  We are a school of 40K -- diverse -  academic -- and in the best state in the country, yeat teams like freakin PITT are fielding better basketball teams then us.  If you haven't been to pittsburgh in the middle of feb I guess you can't understand how absurd this is.  It is just insane that our university supports this mediocrity which has plaughed our basketball program for almost 20 years.  So with the re-signing of MAC (I obviously think it was a stupid move not bringin  in huggins) -- I ask the Triple B's - USFMIKEB -- Velcro -- Bullievers -- and the rest of the gang to name FIVE big east games we are going to win next year with Mac at the helm. ?  I dont see it.  I hear your fantasy talk -- and your "he is a great guy" rhetoric... but lets talk facts and reality.  Name five games that we are going win?

Because if we can't expect to field a team that goes an embarrasing 5-11 in conference. .... I support just doing away with the entire basketball program.  If that is all this university wants -- then it is just a waste of time and money.  Give the dough to CJL and the gang who want to be winners.

So Five games we will win next year.?

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

keep in mind Vardejo and the LSU transfer aren't going to be her euntil midway thru the year.  until then we'll be playing with a whopping 7 schollie players.   ::)  

I think it's funny we're pinning so much on 1 true freshman, 1 redshirt freshman neither of which have played against BE calibre competition, 1 transfer from LSU who did nothing, and Vardejo, a good player with 1.5 years of eligibility left.  

3 BE wins.  Seton Hall, Depaul and we'll get lucky on another.  Doesn't matter which one....

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The one transfer from LSU didn't do "nothing"  he played as a true freshman and did very well in the SEC... not exactly chopped liver.

I like how your only knock on Verdejo is that he can only play for us for 1 1/2 years  ;)

a red shirt freshman that is heads and toes better than senior Capko... so that is automatically 5 - 10 less turnovers per game.

16 wins / 7 big east wins prior to the BE tournament, then another 1 and an NIT berth.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

16 wins / 7 big east wins prior to the BE tournament, then another 1 and an NIT berth.

:o

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  975

I'll just take all of the transfers who have to sit half the year not to get injured or quit.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

:o

hey, if they can predict failure... i can predict success :)