• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Huggy Not Coming

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

You mean the "we love the team b/c they exist" circle jerk can continue.

Now that circle jerk has been going on for a long time.  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

Apparently everything is not a hoax about this situation if you believe Huggins' attorney. Chris O Connel of Bay News 9 just reported that Richard Katz has told him he has been in contact with some boosters during the past month, but he could not comment any further because there is no job opening at USF right now. Also, the players and coaches at USF are now blocked off from the media. This is getting too crazy right now.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

good.

make the move woolard.

this is absurd.  you have a hall of famer considering our horrendous basketball program.

sign him up -- not now -- RIGHT now.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Mike B... you say next year... how many next year's must an alumnus/fan wait before we are better than a .500 ball club. I had my heart broken night in and night out during the Greenberg years... but at least I had a heart to have broken. Now... I can't even stomach listening to the games because we are so altrocious. RMC may be a great character guy... but our program wasn't like Fresno State or UNLV or Baylor that needed to break out the military regime on our student athletes. A healthy balance of coach/dictator would be good for our program. Right now, it is strictly RMC the dictator... the proof is in our record.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

Do you still have your orange jumpsuit?  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  157

The same thing was reported by Al Keck on 10.  It all may be a hoax but its got people talking. And their not just talkin on the bullspen. There has to be some truth cuz if it wernt then all the news stations will sound just as dumb.

Hopefully Woolard does what he says and evaluates Mac "shortly" after the season.  Personally, I do not know what there is to evaluate.  Our record speaks for itself.  

Huggins may not come, it wouldnt be in  USFs character to take a risk and make the right move.  But now after all these talks, you have to make some sort of a change.  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

I have a feeling that this story was not supposed to leak out in the media like it has right now. I am willing to bet that they would rather have this come out after the season was over out of the respect to the players and Coach McCullum. McCullum should not have to answer to silly questions about his future at USF. I thought whoever asked that question had no class. I know it is not the reporters job to be classy, but I thought that was cold on how that question came to McCullum. McCullum and the players are doing the right thing right now by closing the media out right now because it is not fair. These kids are going up against #2 UCONN tommorow night, yet they get to read about the coach being let go in the paper. That has to have some kind of effect on the whole program. The timing of this could have not been worse IMO. If this story would have leaked out a week from today it would have been easier for the coaches and players.

Brahman, I agree.  I dont think the rumor was meant to leak out this early either.  IMO this UCONN and GTown game is a huge test to how good of a coach Mac is.  

Lets see if his kids put their hearts and soul on the line for their coach.  Lets see if they can compete and keep the game close down to the wire.  If they win one, it can be a huge springboard for Mac.  

But what has been going on I doubt it will be an impressive showing.