• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow, I am excited about usf bball for the first ti

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

and its only rumor and speculation at this point. but just the talk of finally making a change and getting huggins as a coach makes me feel excited about usf bball for the first time since probably 2001 or 2002.  

For those newbies, huggins will make usf bball into an event again.  The past 5 years have been stale, boring, lifeless, non college bball atmosphere.  Back in early to mid 90's and even into the late 90's the sundome used to rock.  You would see George Steinbrenner on a nightly basis sitting in his season ticket seats hosting the likes of jeter/strawberry, and whoever else, bucs players would be around, the crowd was strong and amped up creating an awesome atmosphere.  Lately its more like watching minor league baseball, very small, quiet crowd.  Empty seats outnumber filled ones by 4 to 1 easily.  

This would be bigger then huge for usf.  This would put usf on the NATIONAL MAP.  INSTANT MEDIA COVERAGE, INSTANT NOTORITY, INSTANT RECRUITS, INSTANT SEASON TICKET DEMAND, and INSTANT WINS!  

I never thought I would see the day when usf actually does something huge like this.  Not setteling for mediocrity and actually acting like a big time school.   This is a first for usf.  If we want to be big time, we have to act like we want it, and it doesnt happen unless you do the right things and hiring huggins is one way of getting it done.  

To all the naysayers, huggins is an intense coach who can recruit and coach.  He knows how to win.  What documentation do you have about his bball players graduation rates?  I want hard documentation, not that you read it somewhere.  I would also want a comparison of how many players we have graduated under seth and rm,.  Besides there is a difference between not graduating and going pro.  

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501
  • Days Won:  0

I don't have season tix for basketball right now, but I would get a pair if Huggy Bear were to come to USF.  The national exposure alone about "Huggies comeback" would be larger than life.  Can you imagine that first game against Cincy?  That's got national TV written all over it.  

Maybe it's all a dream, but that's about all we have right now.  

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

once again, the school isn't contacting any coaches at all for mens basketball, and why?  say it with me children "WE DO NOT HAVE A OPENING HERE"  very good, now can we please understand that a booster is the reason for this, not a university official?

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

Fine me a time when a university official would comment on the buyout of ones contract and the hire of another coach during the season.  Someone has finally stepped, I'll get a second job to get this guy out the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38

once again, the school isn't contacting any coaches at all for mens basketball, and why?  say it with me children "WE DO NOT HAVE A OPENING HERE"  very good, now can we please understand that a booster is the reason for this, not a university official?

Boosters make these things happen.  Universities are usually last ones to make it official.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

This is a great day to be a bulls fan and it will be even better when this gets firmed up in two weeks.   I usually hate the season to end, but now I cant wait.  Dont let us down doug!

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

It will be a fantastic night if it happens.  Lets hope we dont mess this thing up somehow.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

This is a hall of fame thread - one of the best ever.  Excitement abounding on a rumor of a donor(s) paying off RMC's 900K...Has there been a rumor on who would then pay Huggies' $1,000,000++?  

I do not believe you will see DW dispense with all professionalism in response to an unsourced and sensationalized couple of lines of near fact/mostly heresay reportedly on the behalf of these "boosters" and cave in to the message board pressure of Ari and his army of church-going jews.

IF DW were to let RMC go, I think he would do it with professional courtesy and not be out shopping a disgraced former coach while RMC is still coaching this team.  It doesn't add up.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

Honestly...If we let a booster do this, then why do we even have an athletic director...I cant imagine DW doing this, it looks really bad from his view...Didnt you hear "Hes going to buy out Genshafts contract while hes at it..."