• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard Pull This Turkey

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

i just think the supporters of our university should be in an uproar that this guy is still around.

I will never understand why a university would support a coach that is averaging 15 loses a year in conference play.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

his in conference record for all the the gloaters that talk about how mac only struggles because we are in the big east.

2003-04  (1-15)

2004-05  (5-11)

2005-06  (0-14)

So in 3 years your boy has SIX conference wins.  SIX -- his record is 6-40 within the conference.  I mean give me a break.  when this season is over mac will be 6-42 in conference play over 3 years.   How many more years do you need to be convinced.?

for the love of god.

Ari, If this was Around the Horn and I was Tony Reali you would get 5 points for that stat.  

There is no answer for 6-42, horrible stat.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

...mac will be 6-42 ...

Well...when you put it like that, and factor in that all six wins were from good old CUSA...I'm afraid that as likeable as CRM is, we may be looking at "going in a different direction" sooner rather than later.

Honestly, going 0-14 this year, what would be a reasonable record - next season - to warrant retaining the current coaching staff? Would 6-8, a losing season again be sufficient to say..."yeah, there's an improvement"? Would we have to make it past the first round of the BE tourney to be considered "improved"?

While he may have inherited some problems and not every single solitary aspect of the season is under his immediate and direct control, at the end of the day he's still the head coach, and as such is responsible. That's just the way this bidness works.

Win or clean out your desk.

No hard feelings.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

i just think the supporters of our university should be in an uproar that this guy is still around.

I will never understand why a university would support a coach that is averaging 15 loses a year in conference play.

Because right now, he's all we have.  We all want better.  However, even if we just dumped him and brought in a coach of similar contract cost, we are not going to do any better.  In fact, we would do worse.  This year was, to a certain degree, an anomoly.  We saw at the end of last season that improvement was upon us.  However, all of the issues at the beginning of the season simply doomed this one at the same time that our competition level jumped several notches.

We will see dramatic improvement next year if we can hold onto our current players and recruits.  Unless someone dumps a load of cash into the program, we simply cannot change coaches.

USFMIke, explain to me one thing.  In all seriousness, How are we going to get Johnny Recruit to come to USF when we lose the way we do.  

We are going to get all the recruits that couldnt get a scholarship from other schools.  Leftovers, transfers and local kids afraid to leave home.  Its going to be bad for a while.  

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I think we could get huggins if we made a good faith offer.  I really do.  Maybe I don't know what i am talking about, but I couldn't think of a better situation for huggins to come too then USF.

go figure.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i know basketball season is almost over so can we please make another board where anyone who wants to piss and moan about RMC and the basketball team can do so amongst each other and make themselves feel better.  i am about SICK of seeing all these posts clogging up the board.  they are all saying the same thing and equally non-productive.

i say, create the board, anyone who posts on this board about this same topic that has been beaten like a dead horse spends a week in the penlaty box

Rezz do you ever make points or just compain about others posts.  6 and 42 my friend.  That gives us all the incentive in the world to b*tch.

As for all our posts being the same and non-productive.  Here is something Im sure you didnt know.

Guess how many of those 6 conference wins in 3 years were on the road.  Its 2!  So your guy Mac has won 2 conference road games in three years.  Thats a different post.  

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

OK, let's play a game. What were all these Big East coaches doing before their current jobs?

Jim Calhoun (UConn), Jim Boeheim (Syracuse), Jay Wright (Villanova), John Beilein (WVU), Jamie Dixon (Pittsburgh), Tom Crean (Marquette), Andy Kennedy (Cincinnati), John Thompson III (Georgetown).

These are the coaches of the eight Big East teams that are probably going to the NCAAs. How many of them were big-name hires when they happened? ZERO!

Your best bet is still to find a good head coach at a lower level and bring him in. (Which is what LRS tried to do, even though RMC hadn't had that much success at Western Michigan - preferably you'd like to have someone with a couple NCAA bids.) Not splash money around and hire the same person who EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD made fun of repeatedly back in the C-USA days, because he couldn't keep his players under control. You think the football team has an image and discipline problem - you haven't seen anything if Huggins were to ever coach at USF.