• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard Pull This Turkey

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Doug,

From the bottom of my jewish heart please do this university a favor and put this whole basketball debacle to bed.  You know deep down in your heart that we as a university are better then 16 straight losses in the Big East.  Our basketball program is literally dragging down the overall quality ranking of the best conference in the country.  We are a proud university, which looks to build a solid reputation among the giants.  Please, take a leadership stance and make the move.  Excuses or not, the last 3 years have been the worst in our basketball history.  Make the move, take the risk, and hire bobby huggins if you can.  Remember, how good of a program you built at St. Louis?  You know the fowler faithful will forever be indebted to you if you deliver half of that success.  Tough decisions are why you get paid the bucks.  Make the move Doug.

Ari Hinkelberger

Class of 2002

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Feel free to add a check for the costs of making the change to the letter when you send it.  That's about the only way anything will happen.  Otherwise, it is will be relegated to the bottom of the reading pile, to have a response prepared by an intern or graduate assistant.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Dear Doug,

I second Ari's letter from the bottom of my catholic heart.

Herman Momart

Class of 2003

PS Getting Huggins would get you a big thumbs up as well.   ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I third it

Three turkeys with no understanding of the costs of making the change and USF's inability to cover those costs...

Guest rueben_Horowitz

It's not all about winning...It's about graduating players and building character. Blahahahahahaaha. No one who ever played competitive sports thinks that way (unless you always lost). If it was about character, we wouldn't keep score.  

Make a move DW. Find a way to get CRM outta here; shut up these excuse ridden know-it-all's. The average fan (all 4000 of us and falling fast) are not buying the excuses.

LRS put you in a terrible position, we know. Money is an issue, we know...find a way to dig out of this hole before it's too late.

This season can't end fast enough...

Rueben Horowitz

Class of 2003

Money is an issue, we know...find a way to dig out of this hole before it's too late.

Oh, how I wish it was just that easy...

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  975
  • Days Won:  1

Excuses or not, the last 3 years have been the worst in our basketball history.

I disagree, 86-87, 87-88, 88-89 were the worst - I saw almost every home game in person.

I finally got to see this years team in person today and it was not pretty.

I feel that this year we were in a tough spot with injuries etc.

I really don't know however if CRM can recruit the players needed to compete in the Big East.  One of the optimistic people on here explain to me how you can recruit off a year like this?  How do we know if any of these transfers are Div 1 top level talent which the Big East is and will continue to be.  

CRM should get a pass this year but it is realistic that we may be 2-3 years down the line and things will not have changed much

Would I mind seeing Bobby Huggins at USF - no.  Can we afford it right now - no

Can anyone here answer this ? - Could Texas Tech afford Bobby Knight when they hired him?

I do know this answer - Texas Tech hoops was non existent until Knight was hired.  

When you have nothing a name coach may be the only thing that can start the recruiting of the talent needed to compete in the Big East.  Unless of course CRM turns USF into a Gonzaga type program meaning the next relatively unknown coach to take a no-name program to prominence.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Everyone acts like money is such a HUGE issue.  It's an issue, but its not as big of a deal as everyone thinks.  You don't have to pay the whole contract up at once.  He is not owed the money until the year comes.  It would cost all of 265K up front to can this guy.  

If anyone thinks that Huggins wouldn't fill that building they are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Doug, you know what the right move is.  Huggins will bring in OJ Mayo, that seven footer from Jax, and surely some late signes.

THis idea is not as far fetched as everyone thinks.  Our program is in the total gutter.  If he is a true leader he will make the move.  

Guest rueben_Horowitz
Can anyone here answer this ? - Could Texas Tech afford Bobby Knight when they hired him?

I do know this answer - Texas Tech hoops was non existent until Knight was hired.  

Yeah; I've said that plenty of times - they took a risk and it paid off. Smart move for TTech. Hopefully USF will show some balls and make a similar move.