• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Look who is on the front page...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I think the Denson situation was more a product of pressure from everyone to get PJ out of the starting QB role, and Leavitt never really believed in Denson as a QB. That is why the first time he messed up he got ****canned. It's gonna be different with Chill because CJL really believes in the kid. Hopefully they don't let us down.

That is not true I talked to CJL and he told me that he thinks that CD could be a good QB but they don’t have enough time in practice to work with him

Guest BullsFans

Doesn't anyone else see something wrong with that statement?

Recruit a player; Put him on scholarship(?); But don't have the time to coach him to bring out his potential when the guy you have in the driverseat is one of the worst in the conference.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

Doesn't anyone else see something wrong with that statement?

Recruit a player; Put him on scholarship(?); But don't have the time to coach him to bring out his potential when the guy you have in the driverseat is one of the worst in the conference.

Not really since some kids require alot more attention than others. Plus coaches are limited with practice time. They are limited times when it can be the coach, the ball and the player on the field.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132

The problem I have with that statement is - why is there not enough time to work with Denson if he is talented then someone should be working with him. Shift the resources from PJ and spend the time with the young QB's that might have the ability to get USF to the next level. The simpler answer is to recruit better QB's that are not always projects.

Either way, USF needs to figure out how to get better play out of the QB position.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Reality is that Denson needed more time than was available from any coaching corps.  I was really stoked about Denson, and hoped he would be the man.  However, all summer long, I got reports about just how bad a quarterback he was.  If CaHill is going to be our starting quarterback, I hope he is spending every last freaking minute preparing that is humanly possible.  Oh yeah, and I hope he learns how to hold onto the ball instead of fumbling... :-[

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Our coaches need to instill confidence in our QB's.  Every one of our QB's have played scared since MB.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we finished 0-3 and looked bad doing it

we dont hAVE A QB

6-0?????????????

WHAT DO YOU YOUNG GUNS SAY?  "PASS THE CRACK PIPE"

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

USFMIKEB- IS COncerned about cahill's fumbling-"Oh yeah, and I hope he learns how to hold onto the ball instead of fumbling"

it is a legitimate concern

\

denson will never see play at qb position again