• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FoxSports.com: Teams Rising

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

..and Mccullum rode the coattails of another coach's recruits to 2 legit wins.  Congrats.  Those 3 players are gone, hence 6-17 (0-10).

That's even better beastie...he won with three guys leftover from the SG era and did something SG could never do with a full compliment of "his guys"...that is progress...woo-hoo!  

But say...Yoni goes on to state:  "Few expected South Florida to have the talent necessary this season to compete in conference."

True, so I guess his point is as he earlier states:  "Despite losing would-be starting point guard Chris Howard to a season-ending knee injury in the preseason and having his replacement, Collin Dennis, sidelined with an ankle injury for much of the year, the Bulls have held their own against ranked and unranked Big East foes alike.

Perhaps Yoni and many others are all wrong and that an "L" is an "L" whether you lose by three or 30.  I happen to enjoy seeing a team overachieve and scare these ranked BE teams..without the injuries this year we may have won quite a few more.

No debate on that opinion necessary, it's common sense.  No one would be bashing Coach K if he lost three potential contributors to injury...

0 for the Big East is hard to swallow, but it could be much more embarassing.  The integrity, determination and teamwork in this program is very apparent and results in a respectable product on the court despite incredible setbacks.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

The fact that this write thinks Capko has added ANY value to this team shows you where his head is.

How many games have you seen, beastie ...........?

Guest rueben_horowitz
capko has played alot better recently, less turnovers and is becoming confident in his shot.  give it a rest, huggins WILL NOT be coaching here next year, rmc IS our coach until further notice, so just drop the huggins talk, seriously it is very annoying

WTF are you talking about? Have you even seen a game?  Capko is shooting with more confidence? Wow kid, you are out of your mind.

And have you ever thought that your incessant b*tching about others b*tching adds fuel to the fire? When you say something like Capko is becoming confident in his shot you just sound like an...nevermind. And Huggy's not coming? Is that a fact?

Rueben

PS - You must be half Jewish b/c you defintely didn't get the mind of a champion. Just kidding, Shalom.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

0 for the Big East is hard to swallow, but it could be much more embarassing.  The integrity, determination and teamwork in this program is very apparent and results in a respectable product on the court despite incredible setbacks.

People need to check out Leonard Hamilton's first 3 years in the BE ..... 1 win .... 7 wins ..... 0 wins. Thankfully, for UM, the UM admin was smarter than the mopes on this board and gave him time to get it going down there. I have a feeling that Woolard is as smart as the UM people and will at least give Mac next year.

Guest rueben_horowitz

People need to check out Leonard Hamilton's first 3 years in the BE ..... 1 win .... 7 wins ..... 0 wins. Thankfully, for UM, the UM admin was smarter than the mopes on this board and gave him time to get it going down there. I have a feeling that Woolard is as smart as the UM people and will at least give Mac next year.

Mopes? Please.

The possibility of Huggins coming here is the most exciting thing that's happened to our bb program EVER.

I bet a majority of students and fans would agree; it's to bad they're not posting on this board. Good thing they have a stand up guy like me to represent them.  ;)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

The possibility of Huggins coming here is the most exciting thing that's happened to our bb program EVER.

Define "possibility".  And then in 25 words or less describe how that fits our situation.

And the most exciting thing ever to happen to this program was the NCAA Tournament, followed by the NCAA tournament, followed by the C-USA Semi's a couple years ago

In terms of exciting possibilities, probably when B.B. said he would come play.

Right now Huggy just has some old cronies at the Cincy Post fishing for some interest.

I bet a majority of students and fans would agree; it's to bad they're not posting on this board. Good thing they have a stand up guy like me to represent them.  ;)

Your rolling today Rueb...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The majority of students at USF don't even know who Bob Huggins is, let alone agree that he is would be the most exciting thing to happen to USF.

Guest rueben_horowitz

Define "possibility".  And then in 25 words or less describe how that fits our situation.

And the most exciting thing ever to happen to this program was the NCAA Tournament, followed by the NCAA tournament, followed by the C-USA Semi's a couple years ago

In terms of exciting possibilities, probably when B.B. said he would come play.

Right now Huggy just has some old cronies at the Cincy Post fishing for some interest.

Your rolling today Rueb...

Possibility pos·si·bil·i·ty (ps-bl-t): 1)The fact or state of being possible.

2) Something that is possible.

I heard from an athletic dept staff member that Huggins wants to coach in the BE and in the state of FL. And, that USF is considering it, like any intelligent university would.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

But even fewer foresaw the gutsy play of junior walk-on and starting guard Chris Capko or predicted Robert McCullum would be able to night in and night out keep his team motivated.

Kid is definitely very gutsy.  The problem is Mac is all over his case, puts a lot of blame on him.  I heard this from an employee of the basketball team.  If you dont believe me I dont care.  Said Capko is so afraid to shoot and make mistakes because of mac.  He said, Capko took a shot wide open shot with time left on the shot clock once and told him enjoy your last 8 or 9 games at USF.  Complete jerk.  They give his scholarship away every year and semester to someone else.  He is the most dedicated player on the team, but since he is no good he gets no scholarship.   Instead they give them to guys like David Seals and other losers who quit or get kicked off the team before the season starts.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

If you dont believe me ...    

You read me like a book ::)