• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New! The Oracle Sports Blog

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

Members,

In keeping up with the Times and the Trib, the Oracle Sports Desk has created a blog which is available to read at:

http://oraclesports.blogspot.com/

Also Brad has posted a link in the masthead  at the top of this site with the other two blogs. Thanks again, Brad.

The blog will feature stories, information and opinions that don't quite make the final cut. Feel free to weigh in with comments of your own.

The blog is just in its beginnings but other updates will be made including a picture of the week, a better design and plenty of posts and tidbits Tony and I pick up from the beat writers on staff.

Thanks for reading the Oracle everyone,

Mike Camunas

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1

The following is in response to the post "New kids on the blog..." from oraclesports.blogspot.com:

Hey, The Oracle has a blog from the sports guys! I guess that means now we have to read your copy without any editing at all. Let me get this straight, you wrote this entry during a baseball game you were covering???

Why not just print the press release? After all, there's nothing like a reporter who writes a useless 1,200 word blog entry while completely ignoring the ball game he is going to write a story about. Those are the "eyes and ears" I want to hear it from...

What's great about Doug Woolard is he's always happy about something?

"Even with a men’s basketball team on an 11-game losing streak  which is Doug’s favorite sport  he’s still smiling and still got a spring in his step."

Wait, you mean he didn't start talking about how much it sucks that his basketball team can't win a game in the Big East? He didn't publicly bash any USF coaches? He didn't talk about how much he really hates when some dumb ass approaches him asking meaningless questions? Hey Mike, ever heard of public relations?

And anyway, if you made as much money as Doug Woolard makes per year (how much does The Oracle pay anyway?) you might have a permanent spring in your step, too.

"Speaking of writing from the game, it’s freezing today, which is Sunday. High of 47, if most of us warm-blooded individuals are lucky."

Great stuff, Mike. Intriguing. Actually, what exactly does that second sentence mean?

"And if anyone deserves props, it has to be president of the Student Bulls Club, Chris Lau. Wrapped in more cloth than a burn victim, Lau is the only one of the club present at today’s baseball game."

Just to clarify, by 'he deserves props' do you mean he needs his head examined? Oh, and I like how you compared the fan to a burn victim. I guess it is painful to watch those games.

"He has to be the only person on campus who sees more USF sports than I do."

My name is Mike Camunas and I just typed that sentence with a straight face while sitting in a press box with my eyes – not on the game – on my laptop. It must be great to be me, Mike Camunas, not even having to look at the action.

I get it Mike, there is 'looking' at sports and then there is 'seeing' sports.

But hey, the thought of baseball must have crept into your skull somehow while you were there because you brought it up in the post.

"Spoke to Brian Baisley the other day, and he gave me a quick update on his brother, Jeff, who (for Single-A Vancouver)... seems to be putting on the best showing (of the USF players in the minors) and probably has the best chance to move up the ranks."

Baisley has the best chance to move up in the ranks, does he? Have you even looked at any of the other former Bulls' stats? Myron Leslie, also with the A's organization, had better numbers in just about every category last season with Single-A Kane County. At .275, Leslie hit much better than Baisley's .252 in twice as many games. Although, like you pointed out, Eric Chavez is not checking his rear-view (proving just how meaningless a note on Baisley really is).

"Got a chance to sit down with seasoned baseball coach Eddie Cardieri earlier in the week. What’s great about EC is after 21 years he knows what he can and can’t do as a coach."

Very insightful. You really have a powerful pen – err stroke.

And hey, you and Cardieri must be close, you know, with you two calling each other cute little nicknames like EC. What does he call you? Wait, let me guess. Camunist? No? Pip squeak? Emcee? Wait, I got it. Pulitzer Prize? That one's good. How about PP for short?

No offense.

"(Cardieri) will still sit on the visitor’s bench, which he calls his office, sucking on a wad of dip, not worried about if anyone else besides he boys are on his side."

I have to give you credit for the above statement. EC probably is sucking on a wad of dip right now, not worrying about if anyone besides he-boys are on his side. And who can blame him for that?

"He says he’ll keep doing his job  coaching young adults at the Red  until they, the Athletic Department, make him stop."

Yes Mike, 'they' the Athletic Department.

Then you went on to the juicy content.

"A frequenter of Rocky’s on 56th Street (USF woman's soccer coach Logan Fleck) has been sited two Saturdays in a row at the all-new Bull Ring Restaurant, housed in the old Hop’s building by Toys “R†Us.

Let me guess, USF sited Fleck there because the land was cheaper than it is closer to campus.

Poor grammar aside, Mike, thanks for the update. I have been meaning to figure out where the USF women's soccer coach hangs out on the weekends. For me it's like, Brittany and Kevin, Ashton and Demi, Brad and Angelina and then Logan Fleck.

Keep it right up, Camunas.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3

Thanks for reading the Oracle Sports Blog, i_love_camunas.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1

It's awesome when someone creates an account for the sole purpose of bashing someone.  It shows a classy kind of cowardice that I enjoy.  Keep up the good work.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433

lol you guys are funny

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

Is there anyway I can get a copy of or a negative of a picture that has been in the Oracle??

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

My brother is Brandin Daniel and this past Thursday you guys had the baseball and softball previews. You had a full page w the headline "Crashing In" and it was my brother trucking the catcher from B-CC last year.