• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wikipedia Article Speculates about USF Rivals...

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

USFMikeB...

you keep on asking for proof but what proof do YOU have that BGSU was the highest.  I was at both that game and all the ones since then minus a few afternoon games.

UCF, Louisville, West Virgina this year all CLEARLY had more students.  I do not have exact numbers to show you but just considering the fact that the 3rd level had to be opened up is all the evidence you need.  some STUDENTS had to go up there.  you want to talk about logic?  If they had to open up the 3rd level because there was no more room left on the 1st and 2nd..well logic would tell you it is more people than what was at BGSU.

face it....the STUDENTS turned out in AMAZING numbers this year and will continue to do so.

its almost like you are bitter and saying..well the students werent as supportive last year as they were when i was there.

no way...

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

I'll stand by the theory that the UCF game had the highest student attendance.  I challenge anyone to prove that one wrong.  Bring all evidence on.  

I also believe that the UCF game had the highest student attendance.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

USFMikeB...

you keep on asking for proof but what proof do YOU have that BGSU was the highest.  I was at both that game and all the ones since then minus a few afternoon games.

UCF, Louisville, West Virgina this year all CLEARLY had more students.  I do not have exact numbers to show you but just considering the fact that the 3rd level had to be opened up is all the evidence you need.  some STUDENTS had to go up there.  you want to talk about logic?  If they had to open up the 3rd level because there was no more room left on the 1st and 2nd..well logic would tell you it is more people than what was at BGSU.

face it....the STUDENTS turned out in AMAZING numbers this year and will continue to do so.

its almost like you are bitter and saying..well the students werent as supportive last year as they were when i was there.

no way...

Sigh, all I do is ask for facts, and I get you with a bunch of rhetoric.  I have no facts that more students were at BGSU than at UCF, because we don't have that information.  I can admit that, why can't ANY of you that are making claims of facts?

I'm not bitter about anything, in fact I'm very happy with our program.  You guys are bitter because not everyone sees this as a rivalry, and keep providing opinions that don't match yours.  Deal with the fact

Why do you all need to have everyone's buy in so badly?  Could it be that you know inside that this isn't a rivalry yet, but want it to be one soooo badly that you'll do anything to make it so? ::)

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

No, I have no theory about student attendance at the UCF game.  I just keep asking someone to provide me facts to support their opinions, but nobody can.  You keep claiming it is a fact, but can't prove it,  Ergo, it isn't a fact.  Why can't you just quit spinning it in a sad attempt to justify your desire for a rivalry with UCF?  Do you really need to make up your own facts to justify your opinions?  That's pretty sad...

I think I'm more puzzled by your motivation on this one.  

I mean I'm hardly stating anything that is out of bounds.  It is corroborated by a great number of people -- fans of the rivalry and not.  It was a big crowd.  I'm not sure how 'smoke and mirrors' are involved.

Again, I wasn't a fan of the rivalry.  I never wanted the first game played.  Now that it has been played I'm not so pig-headed to see that it wasn't a) pretty fun and B) a solid showing.  Seeing that many fans in RJS was a pleasant surprise.  There have been so few games like that over the history of this program....and I've sat through some real yawners.

If enjoying the atmosphere, a full stadium and a fun game was wrong my apologies.  

I guess I just don't get who you are fighting here?   That type of game and experience breeds new fans -- UCF or not.  I'd think you'd be for that.  The more the merrier and if this game was a success and continues to be a success it is good for the entire program.

i could careless if UCF is a rival or not.

i spoke up because you made a comment that the USF students did not show support this past season which is just plain WRONG.

The only thing I'm fighting here is the assertion that a rivalry exists.  if you look back into the history, you'll see that I clearly see the benefit of having one should it develop, but just don't think we're there yet.  Many people on here get freaked out when faced with anyone that disagrees with them, and start attacking, that is what happened here.  I disagreed, and people started attacking.

To recap:

a) I do not believe that a rivalry exists at this point due to our limited history of playing.

B) People who want this to be a rivalry will go to any length to try to support their opinion.

c) There are no facts that support the existence of anything more than the potential of a rivalry.

i could careless if UCF is a rival or not.

i spoke up because you made a comment that the USF students did not show support this past season which is just plain WRONG.

I never said that.  Ever.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

Sigh, all I do is ask for facts, and I get you with a bunch of rhetoric.  I have no facts that more students were at BGSU than at UCF, because we don't have that information.  I can admit that, why can't ANY of you that are making claims of facts?

I'm not bitter about anything, in fact I'm very happy with our program.  You guys are bitter because not everyone sees this as a rivalry, and keep providing opinions that don't match yours.  Deal with the fact

Why do you all need to have everyone's buy in so badly?  Could it be that you know inside that this isn't a rivalry yet, but want it to be one soooo badly that you'll do anything to make it so? ::)

The problem is we aren't asking for facts.  If you are so hung up in the facts go find them.  

The truth is out there.

Meanwhile, you were 1200 miles away and saying it wasn't.

I never said it wasn't the best attended this year, I simply asked for evidence of that statement.  Why is that so hard for people to understand?  Is that a tough question? ::)

Got some evidence to back that up?  I have never seen a breakout of student attendance at USF football games.

there...it might not be in the exact words but that basically says that students do not support USF football.

there was probably 12-15 thousand students at every game this year.  minus the cincy game which was probably around 8K.