• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wikipedia Article Speculates about USF Rivals...

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

FYI Freaknight...ACTUAL Game Attendance for USF's first EVER BCS and Big East Game...played against the #9 Team in the Nation (USF's "rival"  :o), was 29,000 and change.

Yeah...fans in Tampa went BONKERS for that one!

KL

PS. If UCF plays their first ever BCS Game, and its against the #9 Team in the Nation...AND its a HOME GAME...I would bet that the attendance will be higher than 29,000.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

I have mentione on this board before that the USA Today did a special newspaper on rivalrys and listed every school and contacted their AD's as to who their rivals were. the results were as follows:

USF - UL

UCF- Marshall

Your own AD thinks Marshall is a rival since you guys finally beat them. They are in your sorry conference so it makes sense, so you guys from UCF should get on their board with your dribble and start up a rivalry. As far as attendence of games and other rants brought up by UCF fans my reply is this. We must have a rivalry with Kentucky Weslyan as that game was well attended. IMO USF has the potential to build a rivalry with several BE schools Pitt, WVU ( if we can beat them) and UL as for my earlier post on playing out of conference games against major conferences, I see the BE expanding to more teams in the near future and I would like to see USF play  1 tune up game (weak opponent) and a full BE schedule and a couple games against Big ten or ACC or SEC. UCF can fill the tune up slot with FIU, FAU, FAMU, BCC, UJ. If and when USF plays UF, FSU, UM at home that will be the most attended game at RJS. USF will not be rivals with the big three until they play every year and beat them a couple of times when they are undbeaten and it hurts the schools.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

FYI Freaknight...ACTUAL Game Attendance for USF's first EVER BCS and Big East Game...played against the #9 Team in the Nation (USF's "rival"  :o), was 29,000 and change.

USF doesn't have a rival, as we haven't had a long enough period of time at any level of football.  Our fans recognize that.  Your fans are desperate to have us as your rival, I wonder why that is...

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

this should end the conversation copied from Times

UL,Uconn, and Pitt come up a lot

10 BIGGEST WINS

1. USF 45, Louisville 14 (2005): Bulls upset No. 9 Cards in inaugural Big East game.

2. Louisville 30, UConn 20 (2005): UL's win earns USF first bowl berth in school history.

3. USF 35, Pittsburgh 26 (2001): As 22-point underdogs, Bulls pull off biggest upset of year.

4. USF 16, Southern Miss 13 (2002): USF avenges 41-7 loss from 2000 as USM misses field goal on final play.

5. USF 31, Louisville 28, 2 OT (2003): Santiago Gramatica hits game-winning 26-yard field goal in second overtime.

6. USF 80, Kentucky Wesleyan 3 (1997): Inaugural game's crowd of 49,212 is still USF record.

7. USF 29, Bowling Green 7 (2002): Seniors finish 25-1 at home with upset of Urban Meyer's club.

8. USF 20, Troy State 10 (2000): Behind Marquel Blackwell, USF downs Division I-AA's No. 1 team.

9. USF 28, Army 0 (2003): USF's first-ever conference win at historic Michie Stadium.

10. USF 21, UConn 13 (2000): First win vs. I-A opponent; all 34 points scored with the wind

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

hmmm, not once do i see ucf mentioned there, i wonder why?  but i do see louisville mentioned 3 times, hmmm, makes one think

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

KL

PS. If UCF plays their first ever BCS Game, and its against the #9 Team in the Nation...AND its a HOME GAME...I would bet that the attendance will be higher than 29,000.

Tell Mickey that I said hi.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

KL

Good job, K L, keep changing the subject every time you get proven wrong .......

Go back and read most of the Bulls' fans responses to this rivalry drivel.... better yet, if you have children, have one of them read and explain things to you. Most of us are saying that we don't have a rival right now, although UL may have the best potential at THIS time.

And, again, for the record, I don't have a problem playing UCF every year because of the problem we have getting 1-A OOC games ...... just stop all this "rivalry" wishing.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

this should end the conversation copied from Times

UL,Uconn, and Pitt come up a lot

10 BIGGEST WINS

1. USF 45, Louisville 14 (2005): Bulls upset No. 9 Cards in inaugural Big East game.

2. Louisville 30, UConn 20 (2005): UL's win earns USF first bowl berth in school history.

3. USF 35, Pittsburgh 26 (2001): As 22-point underdogs, Bulls pull off biggest upset of year.

4. USF 16, Southern Miss 13 (2002): USF avenges 41-7 loss from 2000 as USM misses field goal on final play.

5. USF 31, Louisville 28, 2 OT (2003): Santiago Gramatica hits game-winning 26-yard field goal in second overtime.

6. USF 80, Kentucky Wesleyan 3 (1997): Inaugural game's crowd of 49,212 is still USF record.

7. USF 29, Bowling Green 7 (2002): Seniors finish 25-1 at home with upset of Urban Meyer's club.

8. USF 20, Troy State 10 (2000): Behind Marquel Blackwell, USF downs Division I-AA's No. 1 team.

9. USF 28, Army 0 (2003): USF's first-ever conference win at historic Michie Stadium.

10. USF 21, UConn 13 (2000): First win vs. I-A opponent; all 34 points scored with the wind

Now if USF fans could only convince UL, UConn and Pitt that we were their rivals.  Whereas I've seen plenty of UCF/USF banter here (and other places) about a 'rivalry' I've yet to see a 9-pager about it on any Louisville, Pitt or UConn board.  Maybe I'm just early.

I have to agree with somebody above that said the more certain folks pour effort into trying to deny it is a rivalry the more it becomes one.

Theorem:

So-Called Rivalry =  2x(# of UCF fans that think it is a rivalry) +  (# of USF fans that think it is a rivalry +  |  # of crazed USF fans deadset on not calling it a rivalry  |  )

Ah, absolute value.  The great equalizer.

The x factor?  Citrus Bowl excitement.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Whereas I've seen plenty of UCF/USF banter here (and other places) about a 'rivalry' I've yet to see a 9-pager about it on any Louisville, Pitt or UConn board.  Maybe I'm just early.

I have to agree with somebody above that said the more certain folks pour effort into trying to deny it is a rivalry the more it becomes one.

When you have a pesky chihuahua nipping at your ankles, do you just stand there and do nothing? Of course not, you shake your leg to get rid of the little pest. This has been 9 nine pages of leg shaking ....

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

The x factor?  Citrus Bowl excitement.

We'll see how excited USF fans are at that game, and at subsequent games.  Many of us that argue against a USF-UCF rivalry are arguing that one doesn't exist yet, because we haven'ty had the time to develop one.  I do not believe the mainstream USF fan gives a **** about UCF, and that will bear out over time.