• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another BULL in Trouble ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

He sounds sincere from the quotes given in the story.  I feel bad for his daughter, but now that he's got no eligiblity remianing, what's to stop him from going to get a job NOW to pay his responsibility?

I think the reference to the NFL draft speaks to that.

His tone sounds like he'll make good once he either gets a job playing football or enters some other field.  Hopefully, that will be the case.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

after thinking about this some more... if the mother of his child would have not held him responsible for another freakin month, she would have been able to milk him for a lot more after he gets drafted...  

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Not the mother it is the state USFbull83.  Once the name goes on the birth certificate you are done.  The courts set the amounts and not much you can do except chnage the amounts based on your income which entails going back to court plus if Mom gets any state assistance the state will come looking for Pop for their money.  Always two sides to a story but the problem is very widespread.

Guest S. Bien
also as for arresting him.... he says he pays a little now n then... what does that mean... does he give her some of the money on a regular basis or does he just give her a couple of bucks every so often.... we dont know the whole story so its hard to judge whether he is or isnt trying to do the right thing.

The other problem with that statement is has he made sure the mother has notified the state that he's making an attempt.  I've seen it before where a mother pockets the money, and doesn't mention anything to the courts, or they mention it in passing, and therefore in the eyes of the black and white court he has never made an attempt.  The women sometimes get bitter, and take the money and act like it a punitive payment.  Thus the state issue the warrants, and he gets arrested.  If he made viable attempts, like $500 here or there, then that should count.  

I know how this is run....my sister has a dead-beat ex-husband/father.  In these circumstances the only way the court knows or acts on lack of payment is if the mother complains!!!  Therefore, if she received some money, and believed that Djuan was going to make good on his commitment she could have just as easily pulled the dogs off.  These boys need to make sure that if restitution payments are made, and they are trying to do the right thing that the courts are aware.  They need to talk to the ex-girlfriend and work something out.    Sometimes if its communicated probably everything can get worked out.  

Guest S. Bien
Not the mother it is the state USFbull83.  Once the name goes on the birth certificate you are done.  The courts set the amounts and not much you can do except chnage the amounts based on your income which entails going back to court plus if Mom gets any state assistance the state will come looking for Pop for their money.  Always two sides to a story but the problem is very widespread.

True, and it all depends on the reporting procedures in that county, but in most cases the courts don't know what is going on unless the mother takes the case to court again.  The court doesn't arbitrary issue warrants, it has to be because the mother has continually, and trust me it takes sometime, gone back to the courts to complain about the lack of payment.  Eventually the court issues a warrant when it seems obvious that its the only recourse.   Which is why I wonder if Green has actually given her any money, and if he had then the mother obviously still held a grudge, or didn't care, or didn't report it to the courts.

Guest KnightLight

Any suggest to USF or Leavitt to do background checks on their players?

I mean it seems that the players are never embarrassed about being arrested on almost any charge...but its the SCHOOL that looks bad when these things pop up.

Wouldn't it be better to know if any player has charges/warrants, etc...vs just hoping that they won't get caught again...and these old charges will pop up?

Just a thought....

KL

Guest S. Bien
Any suggest to USF or Leavitt to do background checks on their players?

I mean it seems that the players are never embarrassed about being arrested on almost any charge...but its the SCHOOL that looks bad when these things pop up.

Wouldn't it be better to know if any player has charges/warrants, etc...vs just hoping that they won't get caught again...and these old charges will pop up?

Just a thought....

KL

First, what will that do?  We do background searches already, but its impossible to detect issues like back child support payments.  These issues take years to clear.  In both cases the players were never arrested at the time of the recruitment, and it wasn't until they were on the team that anything cropped up.

Your not suggesting that USF is suppose to use illegal screening processes to find good athletes?  What could a background search say?  Yes he has a child out of wedlock....but it's illegal to deny anyone entrance into college solely on that situation.  Furthermore, if its discovered a preponderance of these kids are black, that would further infuriate the government and ACLU.

Its one thing on the Willie Williams situation, 11 arrests over 2 years, and living over 40 miles from the school he attends- those are all signs the UM staff should have investigated.  Its another thing if a kid has a kid, and you stereotype, or deny because of a potential issue.  For public Universities like UCF or USF its a huge can of worms you do not want opened.

Guest S.  Bien

all most college coaches can do is tell the kids the responsibilities of being a player, student, and parent.  Help them achieve student aid, and deal with any issues that crop up.

So many of these kids have kids, its not a USF problem, it just seems that Brett McMurphy has a hard-on about this topic recently.   UCF has many, many instances.  I know a UF recruit that left for school last year with a kid at home- actually two athletes I know for sure.  

This is a difficult situation because many of the great athletes get caught in this circumstance- you must wonder why it happens so much, hasn't anyone taught birth control the past 20 years.   I know of dozens that have kids scattered around FL.

It would be mindboggling if everyone learned how many of these athletes are in this circumstance, or better yet were able to ignore it, dealt with abortions, or are contesting the birth and their involvement.

SAD!

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Exactly.

Green was arrested a month ago (even before Fisher, so he's not the 'latest').

It sounds to me like someone went through and typed each player's name in the online arrest lookup to see who did what and it trying to infer some systemic problem with article titles like that.

I'll bet you won't see a Tribune reporter looking up all Tribune employees and printing separate articles with the title, "Joe Blow Latest Tribune Employee Arrested".

The fact that Green has no eligibility and that it thusly has no impact on his team means that this should have been relegated to the Metro section, if printed at all.

If they are gong to accuse the administration or coaches of something, then do it.  The 'just reporting the news' line is hogwash.  Articles like this are easier to do because all the information is public record and is more sensational.

Guest S. Bien
Exactly.

Green was arrested a month ago (even before Fisher, so he's not the 'latest').

It sounds to me like someone went through and typed each player's name in the online arrest lookup to see who did what and it trying to infer some systemic problem with article titles like that.

I'll bet you won't see a Tribune reporter looking up all Tribune employees and printing separate articles with the title, "Joe Blow Latest Tribune Employee Arrested".

The fact that Green has no eligibility and that it thusly has no impact on his team means that this should have been relegated to the Metro section, if printed at all.

If they are gong to accuse the administration or coaches of something, then do it.  The 'just reporting the news' line is hogwash.  Articles like this are easier to do because all the information is public record and is more sensational.

Yeah,

I am not defending the players, but I am a little confused by Brett McMurphy's motivations.  Sure its an issue, but its not the coach's fault that these players are choosing to take this action.   If it's such an important aspect then Brett should do a **** expose' piece, and tell the world about these problems, if not then it just gets boring to read.

I certainly appreciate him staying on top of the USF team, and insuring that things remain above bar, which they do primarily.  But, to throw the Djuan Green thing on there was a little redundant, and over the top considering he's had this kid for almost six years, and it was only recently that the mother filed something in court, and he was arrested.  This is more or less grasping at straws, and trying to pin a personal issue, Green as a 'dead beat dad', into a USF issue.

Have fun with it, but don't go blind trying to get the next big scoop.  For BBM's information the Gators signed a few kids, with kids, so did FSU last year.  This is an epidemic and one that if your going to address make it educational, not attacking a single entity that has no cause or effect on this nationwide epidemic of kids having kids.