• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another BULL in Trouble ...

Guest bullman33

These arrests are total BS.  Green has a great point, NCAA rules prohibit him from getting a job to pay for his child support.  What is more important, getting a college education via playing football or getting a part time job at the local waffle house in order to pay child support?  If he chooses the later, he would never step foot on a college campus, thus reducing his opportunity for success.  

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah,

I am not defending the players, but I am a little confused by Brett McMurphy's motivations.  Sure its an issue, but its not the coach's fault that these players are choosing to take this action.   If it's such an important aspect then Brett should do a **** expose' piece, and tell the world about these problems, if not then it just gets boring to read.

I bet if there was an expose' you would find hundreds of College athletes throughout the country behind in their child payments, but there is hardly a mention of it by their hometown press. I don't think this is a unique problem to USF, but the recent articles on these two particular cases give that impression. There needs to be a serious nationwide study done ro get a full picture.

Guest S. Bien

I bet if there was an expose' you would find hundreds of College athletes throughout the country behind in their child payments, but there is hardly a mention of it by their hometown press. I don't think this is a unique problem to USF, but the recent articles on these two particular cases give that impression. There needs to be a serious nationwide study done ro get a full picture.

Which is why I am confused by Brett's motivation....Fisher I could understand, but Green is a little ridiculous.  If this is a big concern then do a major article on this topic, but incorporate all the Universities, and don't center exclusively on football players.

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

Hey we aren't in Colorado's situation.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Which is why I am confused by Brett's motivation....Fisher I could understand, but Green is a little ridiculous.  If this is a big concern then do a major article on this topic, but incorporate all the Universities, and don't center exclusively on football players.

I felt the exact same way when I read it late last night  and that's why I didn't bother posting it. All it does is give some other school fans a pretext to spread it around the Web to make USF look bad. Of course, their own athletes may be facing similar problems.

Florida evidently is one of the states which is now cracking down and issuing arrest warrants to College Students. I don't know how widespread this procedure is throughout the US.

Perhaps, if Green were still eligible to play football for USF there would have been a LEGITIMATE reason for Brett to write about his problems. Since Green is no longer eligible the story is really NOT newsworthy.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

The article is pretty stupid to begin with... lets print a bunch of junk without enouth info to inform... but rather just enough to make the player look bad.  If he has support to pay... my feeling is U do what U have to do... If that means no more FB. tough... U have a kid to care for... I wanted to surf every day when i was a 20 year old... but I had a daughter... I worked to jobs... one as a cook... and another mowing lawns... my family came before myself.... his kids come after his wants... the more I think about it ....LOCK HIM UP!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Well let's be happy that this is just "local" news and not espn national news.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Yes, but pretty soon, we'll start seeing things like this pop into national news if the problems keep continuing...

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldn't be surprised if athletes go ahead and father kids because they believe they'll end up in the NFL (or NBA or wherever) and will have no problem supporting them. Then they have to scramble when, like DeJuan Green will find out, they don't make it to the show. I don't think we should try and ingrain some morality into athletes... just some simple economics.