• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls reap rewards of weekend campus visits

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Bulls reap rewards of weekend campus visits

By JAMIE NEWBURG

Published January 17, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USF has so far received four oral commitments out of the 15 prospects it hosted last weekend.

Defensive ends Aaron Harris (Williston) and Craig Marshall (Fort Walton Beach), offensive tackle Jeff Ide (Bradenton) and tight end Andrew Ketchel (Fort Walton Beach) all told coach Jim Leavitt they want to play for the Bulls.

Defensive end is a huge need for the Bulls, who have commitments from three ends and three tackles.

"I knew it was the right place for me," Harris told USFNation.com after picking USF over FSU. "I liked the campus, the coaches, the players, and even the weather was great. The highlight of the weekend was touring the facilities and just hanging out with the players."

"USF just feels right," said Ketchel, who considered Duke and Middle Tennessee. "The coaches and the players are all real people, and I fit in well there. I told Coach Leavitt that I wanted to attend USF during our final meeting right before I left."

Marshall, Ketchel's teammate at Choctawhatchee High, picked USF over Alabama, Indiana and East Carolina. Ide picked the Bulls over FAU and Houston.

USF now turns its attention to linebackers before national signing day on Feb.1.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Four Ends Commit To South Florida

A Tribune staff report

Published: Jan 16, 2006

TAMPA - Bradenton Manatee tight end Jeff Ide was among four high school seniors to commit to the University of South Florida on Sunday.

The Bulls also received commitments from Fort Walton Beach Choctawhatchee tight end Andrew Ketchel and defensive end Craig Marshall, and Williston defensive end Aaron Harris.

The addition of Ide, Ketchel (6-5, 220), Marshall (6-5, 215) and Harris (6-5, 250) gives the Bulls 17 verbal commitments with National Signing Day less than three weeks away.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

ide and ketchel don't seem so great too me

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ide is solid, he will work very well here.

I don'y know enough about Ketchel.

Guest Derrick Foster

Ketchel is more of a receiving TE which is good. He'll have to gain weight and build some upper body strength to become a better blocker though. He has some really good hands and pretty good speed. Very smart player too and should help our academic ratings (which is why he considered Duke).

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we dont throw to our tight ends