• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well its all but official: We will suck again

Guest AutoMax2006

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

Funny, pee I didn't hear any UCF fans laughing on September 17th.

Idiots like you would have run Frank Beamer out of town at Virginia Tech, Bobby Bowden at FSU and Joe Paterno at Penn State. Programs are not built overnight but that is exactly what Leavitt and staff are doing.

It's not all perfect but considering there have been programs that been floundering for over 50 years I'll take what Leavitt & Staff has built in his first 100 games.

Good post, Dude.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

I am pumped about next year's team.  Don't think the Defense will be questionable, at all.  Offense is going to step it up a little bit, too.  If we can go 6-6 with that offense, just imagine what a little bit of improvement will do.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Some that think USf is dead, just show how little they know about college football.

We go 4-7 in 2004 ... pretty calm around here, because it's understandable.

We go 6-6 with a Bowl in 2005 ... get a few more members and some think the sky is falling  ::)

I'm excited about BULLS football for the 2006 season!

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

And I thought this thread was going to be about basketball.

Same here...

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

For heaven sakes, Rod Smith has only been the OC one year yet some people think we need to fire him. Jeez, why dont some of you people wait until next season to see what he can do when he has a QB with accuracy to work with. I noticed that Smith ran the offense pretty well when Julmiste didnt have to throw the ball. See the UL game and tell me that we need a new OC. Give this nonsense a rest.

PS Lets not give props to Miami just because they made changes. So far, those changes has yet to win Miami one single game. Hell two of the asssitants were hired ASAP by Ole Miss, so they cant be that bad at coaching. Fans wanting to be like Miami because they make desperation coaching changes dont really understand the USF program.

Louisville was two trick plays and a punt return that went our way.  The reverse didn't work so well after that game eh?  The difference between the Louisville game and say Pitt or UConn or even Miami is that the ground game worked off the bat and Rod stayed with it.  His play calling (esp when behind in a game) is questionable at best.  

You make the arguement that Rod did okay when Pat didn't throw the ball... we all know you can't put the game on Pat's shoulders (see past 1-1/2 seasons of play).  That being said, why in the $#@& do we see him in the 5-wide empty backfield more often than not?  Every time this formation was run in the bowl game resulted in something good... for NCState.    

I say Rod has and will make any QB look bad.   He all but railroaded Denson and from his shuffle in the Bowl, it looks like he's well on the way to do the same to C Hill.  

ROD MUST GO.    

... it looks like he's well on the way to do the same to C Hill.  

Well on his way ?  ::)

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

For heaven sakes, Rod Smith has only been the OC one year yet some people think we need to fire him. Jeez, why dont some of you people wait until next season to see what he can do when he has a QB with accuracy to work with. I noticed that Smith ran the offense pretty well when Julmiste didnt have to throw the ball. See the UL game and tell me that we need a new OC. Give this nonsense a rest.

PS Lets not give props to Miami just because they made changes. So far, those changes has yet to win Miami one single game. Hell two of the asssitants were hired ASAP by Ole Miss, so they cant be that bad at coaching. Fans wanting to be like Miami because they make desperation coaching changes dont really understand the USF program.

Ignorance.  Try justifying how he ever got hired as OC in the first place.

Good luck with that, since the QB's that lack accuracy that you speak of are HIS.

...  Try justifying how he ever got hired as OC in the first place.

Our OC resigned after the 2005 Spring Game, late April.

We promoted the QB Coach/Passing Game Coordinator to run the style of offense we've been running since day 1.

;D Simple Justification.

ALSO ... We brought in another coach, specifically TE who has OC & HC experience. We've been recruiting TE's also since then ... read into that what you will.

Go BULLS !!!

Guest AutoMax2006

as much as it angers me that other programs like UCF are laughing at us and our lack of effort in addressing coaching/player needs, i have to say that as long as some fans stay ignorant in believing that this leavitt character and his boys can take us to a BCS game, we deserve the finger pointing..

automax, the problem with this board is that people just dont want to hear the truth about our program.  they find excuses like "oh, well rod smith has only been our coordinator for only 1 year, give him time", and then we see coaching legends like art kehoe (formerly of miami) getting snapped up by ole miss and stealing one of our sought after recruits (e.g.- dexter mcculster).. and then USF msg board members have the audacity to say "oh, well he wasnt that good anyways.. let him to to ole miss to rot"-- these same people who were drooling over him before he committed..

unfortunately, automax, too many people are happy with getting shut out in a carwax bowl and it makes raising the expectations of this program on this message board almost useless in a sea of those who lavish in mediocrity  :(

Hold on. I had no idea I was expounding on views that were also adhered to by the resident board nut case.

Please disregard my two previous posts on this thread. I need to do some serious soul searching on this matter.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

Chill, I'm not anticipating anything until after our Feb. 1st signing day.

1. USF is currently ranked 88th on ESPN's recruiting list.

2. I agree to not to get too concerned until we see

what happens on February 1st.

3. It would be nice to think Leavitt realizes there is a

problem on offense.

4. Welcome to The Club - your membership card

is in the mail.