• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Future BCS Structure

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

The ND thing is basically saying that ND as an independent is another BCS conference.  The payout is greatly reduced if they go to a BCS game, and if they don't it's less than say 14.5Million divided by 8 conference teams.  They are guaranteed to go to a BCS bowl if they are in the top 8.  Big deal that is since they would go then without the guarantee.   I see nothing wrong with that agreement.

There will be another game, and now UCF and other teams from the MidMajor conferences will have a chance for a BCS bowl.  Actually this year TCU would have been in a BCS game since they were ranked higher than 16 and ahead of the ACC champ (FSU).

Sounds alright to me, but I wonder if the extra BCS game would have been WVU vs TCU.

One really good thing I see out of this is, HOPEFULLY the NC game will not be on a WED night...

Jan 8th...

2007 = Monday

2008 = Tuesday

2009 = Thursday

2010 = Friday

Nope. No Wednesday!!

Actually this year TCU would have been in a BCS game since they were ranked higher than 16 and ahead of the ACC champ (FSU).

Sounds alright to me, but I wonder if the extra BCS game would have been WVU vs TCU.

TCU and Oregon would have been the two at large teams to get in this year.

Also you have to remember this year the extra game would have been the Rose Bowl.

Rose Bowl gets Big 10 and Pac 10 Champs.  Since USC was #1, the Rose Bowl would get first pick from among the available teams.  Probable Matchup: Penn State vs Oregon.

The Fiesta Bowl would get the second pick from among the available teams to replace the Big 12 Champ and the, I think, last at-large team.  Probable Matchup: Notre Dame vs TCU.

The Orange Bowl would get the ACC champion and an at-large team.  Probable Matchup: FSU vs Ohio State.

The Sugar Bowl would get the SEC champion and the next to last last pick of an at large team.  Probable Matchup: Georgia vs WVU.

The National Championship Game -- not an official bowl game -- would be held a week later in Pasadena and would have been USC vs Texas.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

nothing changes for usf

usf still has to beat uconn