• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Go Redskins

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Not with Marv Levy as President and GM of the Bills.

Gonna start to circle the wagons again.

Rueben

Apparently one certain person didn't share your enthusiasm ....   ;)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

Yeah it sucks that USF is in the ghetto, what can you do. But do you really think that Ft Lauderdale and Tampa are any different in aspects of fishing and golfing? Mons is great my Scores in Ft. Lauderdale is a little better. I went to school here because I loved what USF had to offer not because it's in Tampa. I refuse to go to grad school here because I'm affraid I'll get stuck here. I did spend a year at FAU and while Boca is a nicer city the School sucked ass, I had a free ride there but it wasn't for me although I did get to stand on the sidelines at Ray Jay to play against the Bulls. I think USF beat us 52-10 or something crazy like that. Finally the Bucs winning the Supper Bowl next year is about as likely as the Men's basketball team winning the Big East this yr.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  192
  • Days Won:  0

Alright.  We will disagree on cities and pro sports teams, but you are a Bull for life. So that does not make you all that bad.  By the way if Scores is really better that is a must see. At least once.............

I went during the grad opening so that may have had something to do with it. Let me just ask you one question that I ask all Bucs fans that give me that you live in Tampa ****. If you were transfered to lets say Charlotte would you all of a sudden become a Panthers fan or would you still be a Bucs fan that lives in Charlotte?

Guest rueben_horowitz
If you were transfered to lets say Charlotte would you all of a sudden become a Panthers fan or would you still be a Bucs fan that lives in Charlotte?

Good topic...Here's my view.

I grew up as a Bills/Syracuse fan (hold the laughs) and moved around a lot. Where ever I lived, I tried my best to root for the home team, but was still loyal to my roots.

So now I root for the Bucs (it took a couple yrs), but when the Bills play the Bucs, I'm wearing my Billy McGahee jersey.

So I say stay loyal to your team, but try and root for the home team if possible. There are certainly exceptions, i.e. a Bills fan moving to Miami is never going to root for the Fins.

Rueben

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827

I went during the grad opening so that may have had something to do with it. Let me just ask you one question that I ask all Bucs fans that give me that you live in Tampa ****. If you were transfered to lets say Charlotte would you all of a sudden become a Panthers fan or would you still be a Bucs fan that lives in Charlotte?

Yes, I would follow and support the team of where I lived at the time. You can still be a follower of you original hometown team, but don't come to our city and bash our home team!

Just like JG said, if Miami was sooooo great, you should have never have left for any reason!

But still glad you are a Bulls fan! ;D

Miami is not great it sucks nobody speaks English and the road signs are in spanish in some places, Ft. Lauderdale is where I am from. If USF was in South Florida I would be thrilled, but I had to leave home to go better myself at a great research univesity.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

I'd still be a Bucs fan but I wouldn't talk crap in a year where the Panthers had kicked our ass and made the playoffs and we hadn't .....  ;)

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  192

Exactly.  Don't talk trash about the team in the city you live in. Of course people are going to come back at you.  Just keep your mouth shut about them and pull for whoever.  NFC V AFC I could see if you did not like the Jags. But the Bucs why ?

I use to actually root for the Bucs when I lived down south, but then I come up here for school and I wear my Dolphins jersey and I hear stupid **** all the time, such as You live in Tampa you should be a Bucs fan, the Bucs fans have turned me off the Bucs. Bucs fans and Florida Sports fans in general are bad (including Miami fans) they only support their teams when they are winning. Last year was nice when you guys were 5-11 because I didnt see Bucs flags on all the cars and everyone in Tampa wasn't pretending to be a Bucs fan. This whole state sucks when it comes to people supporting their teams. If the Devil Rays won the world series this year (hahahahahahahaha) everyone would be a Rays fan, same thing with the Marlins.