• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East's future

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Since that's home, I'd like to see it continue ... assuming interest grows as well.

So here's les questions:

1. Having 'been there, done that' would you go back to the Car Care bowl (assuming, of course, one of the participants was USF)?

2. Do you think attendance would increase or decrease the second time for us in Charlotte? Why?

1. I'd go back for USF, and if USF were to not go anywhere, I may go anyway if it's a matchup worth saying

2. I think it depends. Outside of the BCS, we've really only got two other concrete bowl game options: Insight and Gator. So if we have a decidedly better season (let's say, 9-3) and Gator Bowl gives us the shaft (and honestly, Insight would be foolish to invite us at this juncture, I don't think we're ready to travel in huge numbers cross country) and MCC gives us the bid, I think we'd be glad to show up. But if it were another situation like this year, I'm not sure as many of us would "settle" for this bowl; it would show no progress whatsoever.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Understand BullDoug, but whenever I get a chance to go to a BULL's Bowl game ... I'm going !

In the future, it may depend on a Bowl that pays 5 times the money with regard to our fans traveling.

The ONLY bad part of this trip was the games final score ... EVERYTHING else was great.

Better than a regular away game, because the city is there to welcome you.

... But if it were another situation like this year, I'm not sure as many of us would "settle" for this bowl; it would show no progress whatsoever.

The bowls look at the fans attending ... we may miss out on a deserving bowl because our fans not attending bowls.

These bowls are for the players and fans ... it will be tougher for me in the future, but if I can work it, I will be there for sure.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

id like to see the big east find a different bowl closer to the schools in the conference than the insight bowl.  rutgets did an amazing job getting people out there.  it would be tough to get even the same turnout we h ad in charlotte over to AZ.

Closer ? Where ? All the teams are in the NorthEast. Freezing ... we were lucky with great weather for Charlotte.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

I'd like to see a bowl come into being somewhere in the mid-Atlantic... M&T Bank Stadium or Lincoln Financial, for instance. It would be ideal for an ACC/Big East matchup and still very doable for the Big Ten, MAC, or even SEC. As it stands, the bowl we just came from is the farthest north of any on the Eastern Seaboard.

Guest USFSam

so are Phoenix, Jacksonville, Charlotte, and then one of the BCS bowls the only possible Big East bowl sites for the next few years?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Houston Bowl. But I might be thinking of another conference.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

no, the big east did reach an agreement with the Houston Bowl

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We have tentative agreements with bowls in Toronto and New York, but I'm told that the NCAA is not going to approve either bowl game unless another game tanks. The history of fans traveling above the Mason-Dixon Line to freezing temps is not good.