• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

jay davis

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

wasn't this a hot shot qb from st pete

what is he up to these days

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

odviously not much, but he can't be much worse then PJ, should have come to USF

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, he went to Clearwater Central Catholic.  Funny thing is he started all '04 and didn't look great but didn't look horrible either then lost his job to Stone who looked pretty bad, not sure I get it.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28

Jay started the 1st 6 games this season.  Our defense were not playing up to their potential at the time and we had not played Andre Brown yet (our best back).  He's better than Toney Baker but they make a great 1-2 punch.  We need better blocking and I expect it next year.  Jay knows the game better than Stone and I think he's a better QB.  Marcus Stone is a better athlete.  Jay studied the game with his dad, CCC's head coach.  I'm hoping Marcus has some competition next season personally or he must do a lot of work between the ears for us to have the team I wish for.  Jay will make a good coach if he wants to follow in his father's footsteps.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13

Jay Davis was a great QB at CCC, since he had the recievers to make him look great. People forget his Jr year he had a busted elbow, which made then Fr. QB Orlando Rivas step up, which he did against Melbourne Central Catholic.  We won't talk about Davis's Fr. and So., since quite frankly its the senior year that made him.  That year on offense he had, Matt Galley, LaRue Rumph(NC State), Marcus Edwards(Herm's  son) to throw to, and had a really good running back in James Sommers, and I believe Jimmy Fricker was the FB.

As the story goes, CCC's entire left wing on defense was suspended, and in the 2nd round Clewiston ran all over the Marauders...had the defense not been suspended, I still firmly believe that team would of won state that year.

Coach Davis (Jay's dad), left CCC for Countryside after the following season, that year the team finished 5-5, after starting 4-0 and was hammered due to injury, 31 of the 38 players on the roster that year missed at least 1 game do to some type of injury.

I know thats not directly USF related, but wanted to post it for the NC State fans.   I still have the Florida Today article from when MCC/CCC played in 2000 that said Jay was going to come to USF.. <sigh>

Guest A Wolf

NC State record this year:

With Jay Davis as the starter, first 6 games:  Won 2 and Lost 4

With Marcus Stone as the starter, last 6 games:  Won 5 and Lost 1