• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meineke Car CAre Bowl Promo?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

HAs anybody seen the promo yet for our Bowl Game? For the past week I have been watching the bowl games on ESPN and not once have I seen the promo about our game and the matchup. I have seen the Miami LSU promo and they are playing on the same day. If there isn't a promo how is the public going to know to tune in on Saturday at 11am? Maybe they are showing one in the Tampa area?

Lets say there has not been a promo made for our game then we need to send email blast to ESPN and give them a piece of our mind.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

If our local media is not going to promote the game then why would you think the national media would? It just pisses me right off that I have not seen a commercial on TV about the game and I haven’t heard one on the radio and USF wonders why we only sold a little over 5000 tickets

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,660
  • Days Won:  29

... and USF wonders why we only sold a little over 5000 tickets

I think this has more to do with our low season ticket base ... we just don´t have that many serious BULL fans yet.

:-[

We have about 33% of our season tix going to the Bowl ... pretty good for a 9th year team.

If people won´t travel across town for the game, they won´t travel up to Charlotte for it.

We have a low budget and are spending it well not pasting all over about our Bowl game when it WON´T matter.

I think the print media is doing a good job also.

ESPN should be promoting the game more ... but just hope the TV ratings come in strong for this game in te Tampa area ... that will mean a lot.

I´, leaving my TV on espn2 ALL weekend while I´m gone  8)

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

print is doing well I'll give you that the rest suck

Oh the Trib did a great job today

Guest BullsFans

I think this has more to do with our low season ticket base ... we just don´t have that many serious BULL fans yet.

:-[  That's a fact Jack

We have about 33% of our season tix going to the Bowl ... pretty good for a 9th year team.

Where did you pull that number out of?

If people won´t travel across town for the game, they won´t travel up to Charlotte for it.

That's a fact Jack

We have a low budget and are spending it well not pasting all over about our Bowl game when it WON´T matter.

That's a matter of opinion.

They work with what they are given

ESPN should be promoting the game more ... but just hope the TV ratings come in strong for this game in te Tampa area ... that will mean a lot.

The promoting needs to come from more than just ESPN

I´, leaving my TV on espn2 ALL weekend while I´m gone  8)

Go BULLS !!!

Where did you pull that number out of?

Our season tix are about 15-16K, we have a little over 5K going to the game.

They work with what they are given

Media does not depend on USF as their ONLY source. They have many sorces. Media is driven by their customers; readers, watchers, listeners. There is a reason UF/FSU get more reprting than Miami in the local news.

There is NO possible/logical way to blame USF for the small attendance.

Guest BullsFans

Our season tix are about 15-16K, we have a little over 5K going to the game.

From the numbers that I have seen (unofficial)that 5000 includes 1500 comp tickets/staff, so 3500 would be the most season ticket holders going (buying tickets thru USF) which would put the percentage at about 22.5% max

Media does not depend on USF as their ONLY source. They have many sorces. Media is driven by their customers; readers, watchers, listeners. There is a reason UF/FSU get more reprting than Miami in the local news.

True, but they cannot report on what is not happening. USF is where it is or isn't happening.  Newsworthiness is the key.

There is NO possible/logical way to blame USF for the small attendance.

No!  Then who should we blame?   Karl Kuttler, Jeb Bush, Don Rumsfeld or perhaps James Dungy!

When the public isn't buying the new model car Ford is selling, who is to blame?  Toyota Motor Company, Ford Motor Company or the car buying public?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

guys this is a bad bowl game

only we and ncstate cares about it

calm down

calm down

coming from anyone else i would ignore

it is a 3 hours difference here in rio ... past 21:00 hours ... will be turning in soon

8)