• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  767
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Need to go on a run.   Immediately.  Can we get the ball into the post?  Or is the Baylor defense really good?

I am not watching the game; I am listening. But I can't imagine why we can't. This is a really small Baylor team. And they don't appear to be playing tough defense; our shots have been open.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,895

4 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

I am not watching the game; I am listening. But I can't imagine why we can't. This is a really small Baylor team. And they don't appear to be playing tough defense; our shots have been open.

At some point you just gotta play.   Someone steps up.  Guess we'll have to be patient.  

2 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

At some point you just gotta play.   Someone steps up.  Guess we'll have to be patient.  

Part of the problem with our offense, and I mentioned this repeatedly last year, is that we probably have the worst scoring point guard, and perhaps one of the worst scorers in college in Wilson. Every opponent knows this. So, playing us is like playing 5 on 4, which allows teams to ignore Wilson and divert an extra player to the scorers on our team.

Bulls closed the score a little in the 3rd quarter with a score of 48-35. Only shot 4-11 from the field, but 2 of those 4 field goals were 3s. And after having 2 FTs in the first half, we went 8-9 from the line. This, plus Baylor shooting poorly in the quarter, led to an 18-11 quarter for the Bulls.

3 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Bulls closed the score a little in the 3rd quarter with a score of 48-35. Only shot 4-11 from the field, but 2 of those 4 field goals were 3s. And after having 2 FTs in the first half, we went 8-9 from the line. This, plus Baylor shooting poorly in the quarter, led to an 18-11 quarter for the Bulls.

Good.  Take it one minute at a time here.  

13 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

73-50 Baylor win. Bulls shoot 15-50 (30%) from the field and 4-19 (21%) from deep.

Yikes.  No magic today.  Just more questions.  

31 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Part of the problem with our offense, and I mentioned this repeatedly last year, is that we probably have the worst scoring point guard, and perhaps one of the worst scorers in college in Wilson. Every opponent knows this. So, playing us is like playing 5 on 4, which allows teams to ignore Wilson and divert an extra player to the scorers on our team.

Wilson played 40 minutes and went 0-1 from the field. In a game where players are having trouble hitting shots, you can't have the player who plays the most minutes go scoreless on one attempt. Even if she is the best defensive player in the country, she should not be on the floor as much as she is. 

After averaging just 4 points per game at Memphis, Wilson has averaged 1.2 pts per game in her 3 years at USF. Her career FG%, 3P%, and FT% are 28%, 23%, and 59% respectively. Those numbers are better than her USF numbers. Her USF numbers are:

FG% = 24%

3P% = 19%

FT% = 46%

Average FG attempts per game at USF = 1.7.

Like I said, it's like playing with 4 offensive players against 5 defenders. The negatives of this far outweighs any positives from her on defense.