• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How to cut the cord to save $ and still watch the Bulls?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

12 minutes ago, rts said:

You mention in your first post you don't have great internet.  What exactly do you mean by that?

One thing to consider is the quality of your internet connection will greatly effect your TV streaming experience if you choose to go that route...especially if you will stream on multiple TV's/devices.

I finally cut the cable a couple months ago during the whole ESPN/Spectrum fiasco, and have had a great experience with it and won't look back....while saving close to $200/month.  But I am fortunate enough to be in an area with access to ATT fiber for my internet service which is lightning fast and much cheaper than my previous Spectrum internet plan.

I have Frontier DSL as fiber is not yet available in my neighborhood.   Only internet provider available except Xfinity.   Frankly, that is the main reason we have kept Directv (satellite) for so long.  I use a hot spot sometimes to give me faster connections.  Thankfully, I had no issues while streaming the games on ESPN+ this season.  In previous years we would suffer with buffering or resort to watching on a phone.  We stream Netflix and Disney+ too.  

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I try to look at when the last football game of the year is and then time my YouTube TV subscription to go 2 months and then I let it lapse.

Usually this means I travel to a game early in the season or go to a sports bar or something to defer.

Oh also, I use a Mohu Leaf HD antenna for getting the broadcast channels. I watched the USF Bama game that way.

We watched a few games on our HD antenna this fall and the picture was amazing.  But I won't upgrade to the HD Satellite through DirecTV as it's requires equipment changes, a new agreement and of course it costs more. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

10 hours ago, TallyBull said:

I had Directv for about 20 years and last year, at the insistence of my brother-in-law, finally cut the cord and subscribed to YouTubeTV. Has everything Directv had for a little less than half the cost, and has a better phone app which allows me to watch TV pretty much anywhere (useful when I'm out shopping with my wife some Saturday mornings). I subscribe separately to Bally's, which is a little more, but still a huge savings. 

This is the way to go - YouTubeTV and ESPN+ - you’ll get all the Bulls you can handle and save $

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I try to look at when the last football game of the year is and then time my YouTube TV subscription to go 2 months and then I let it lapse.

Usually this means I travel to a game early in the season or go to a sports bar or something to defer.

Oh also, I use a Mohu Leaf HD antenna for getting the broadcast channels. I watched the USF Bama game that way.

What kind of range does that antenna advertise as having?