• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Exhausting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

45 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If you look at the math they are making more than we will in the aac and that’s not including ticket sales, donations, sponsorships and merchandise increases. Everyone that’s moved up in the recent rounds have done so at diminished shares and the cost of playing poker seems to be going up. The market is already set and no one is getting in the next round without free tv years, it’s better to be on the front end of that and not continuing to drive down your value in obscurity dreaming that one day someone will over pay for you when in reality you will be lucky to get the same offer.

Do you believe that offering to take zero revenue would move the needle in negotiations by USF with other conferences?  There is no indication that that's what's holding things up!  Comparing us to SMU in moving to the ACC is apples to oranges.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Do you believe that offering to take zero revenue would move the needle in negotiations by USF with other conferences?  There is no indication that that's what's holding things up!  Comparing us to SMU in moving to the ACC is apples to oranges.  

I believe I’d feel a lot better about everything if there was any evidence that we matched their offer and I would feel even better if there was evidence that we invented the idea. This was where the market was shifting and that’s what we should have been announcing while those that got left behind laugh at the visionary; instead we get archaic ideas about facilities and things dozens of people on the internet care about while we continue to fade away. 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I believe I’d feel a lot better about everything if there was any evidence that we matched their offer and I would feel even better if there was evidence that we invented the idea. This was where the market was shifting and that’s what we should have been announcing while those that got left behind laugh at the visionary; instead we get archaic ideas about facilities and things dozens of people on the internet care about while we continue to fade away. 

The ACC has two FL schools that are under contract until 2036 or something.  That seems to be a pretty crowded market.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cat941 said:

The ACC has two FL schools that are under contract until 2036 or something.  That seems to be a pretty crowded market.   

The big 12 added Houston how crowded is that space? A market like Florida could never support 3 aac schools what does it think it is a Carolina?

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The big 12 added Houston how crowded is that space? A market like Florida could never support 3 aac schools what does it think it is a Carolina?

I believe the B12 was concerned that other conferences were looking at Houston and were circumventing a move from them.  Furthermore, I believe that FL could support three ACC schools, but the ACC decision-makers do not share my opinion.  

6 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

I believe the B12 was concerned that other conferences were looking at Houston and were circumventing a move from them.  Furthermore, I believe that FL could support three ACC schools, but the ACC decision-makers do not share my opinion.  

I don’t believe they have ever worried about the question, SMU helped make the decision easier for them. We should be focusing on what makes us an easier answer and not what appeases the small core base that will support anything athletics throws at them.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

17 hours ago, 10yrbull said:

Exhausting. Some of you know me as I’ve been here since the beginning. Alumni and crazy fan regardless of where I’ve lived across the country. I’ve been critical over the years and ET-like in my support other times. But, I’ve become a realist. Yes, I get frustrated watching these games up here in CT. Yes, I question play calls, as if I know better. But, I also know that we had bad coaching and recruiting for a while. I have not seen passion like Golesh since Leavitt. Funny how idiots (yes Brad I am calling board members names) are still ********. We may go bowling after a one win season. Ans please stop about the schedule. Based on recent past we should be underdog in every game. We still suck on defense and will be inconsistent on offense until Golesh gets his players in.  Like the market, it’s a long term play. Wake up and enjoy the ride for a while. 

idiot is a strong and unnecessary description to use about usf fans

look i never thought we would win 5 games when the season began let alone make it to a bowl

cag deserves credit but so much more work needs to be done if we to get out of this horrible conference. is it even possible?

maybe if all the great teams go to sec  we can have our pick

24 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I don’t believe they have ever worried about the question, SMU helped make the decision easier for them. We should be focusing on what makes us an easier answer and not what appeases the small core base that will support anything athletics throws at them.

miami and fsc would do everything to fight usf joining the acc

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, bullieman08 said:

SMU mostly moved up bc they did it free.  You want us to go to the ACC that could collapse any moment that FSU and others leave for free and not get any money at all.  You sound so bitter you mine as well take a break until we get to your liking.  Yes this isn't ideal but this is the hand we dealt ourselves.  If we can continue to improve the location and tv market will sell it self.  UCF had a 20 year start on us and finally got in one.  SMU use to be in a big conference and they have a 50+.  Calm down and see what happens,might be good for your health to take a break.

tv market is pretty high and i dont think it will be improving much more

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

How USF dealt with Temple pre-MK. 

519FABDC-992B-4A47-BA07-D1AF6B814DE5.jpeg

Edited by 00Bull

5 minutes ago, smazza said:

idiot is a strong and unnecessary description to use about usf fans

look i never thought we would win 5 games when the season began let alone make it to a bowl

cag deserves credit but so much more work needs to be done if we to get out of this horrible conference. is it even possible?

maybe if all the great teams go to sec  we can have our pick

miami and fsc would do everything to fight usf joining the acc

They can fight whatever they would like they needed more than two votes, smu also didn’t get all the votes and UNC publicly came out saying they wanted someone closer