• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

who will be usf's most dangerous offensive

Guest S.  Bien
chambers is good but i think you are wrong...overall athletic ability has to be Jackson, i believe jackson is faster than Chambers too.

anyone who watched Jackson and chambers play this year knows they are pretty much a draw when it comes to hands...meaning they are better catching with 1 hand than 2

Come on now Rezz, Chamber has great hands and caught almost every catchable ball thrown his way.  Jackson does have a slight nod over Chambers when it comes to pure athleticism, but as an overall receiver Chambers is way ahead of Jackson for now.

Two weapons for next year will be really exciting to watch.  Amp Hill, think Jackson body and athleticism with Chambers hands.  Also, Ryan Gilliam, who I've been told will be used in a hybrid role (both offense and defense)- why Gilliam you ask, well any kid that was timed at a 4.25 forty, ran the 100m in college under 10.3, and was said to be the fastest football player in the PAC 10, if not all of college football last year, should be exciting to watch.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

lyle alzado was jewish like i am black'who is claim alzado was jewish

i heard of 3 on the list

sbien-4.25 40 would make him one of the fastest guys in the country

it does no good to have these weapons if we do not know how to use them

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  0

If we continue with this stupid spread offense C4 will fail.  He is not a Qb that is gonna thrive in the spread.  He can't go thru his progressions effectively enough.  Change to an option oriented offense, roll him out and i think he will blow up.

I feel bad for Ponton.  I think he can be good, however we lose a lot of O-line talent and teams will key in on the run from jump street until we start beating them with the pass.  If we do start beating them throwing the ball, I think ponton will be our best threat.

I may be wrong, but I thought Chill was a spread offense QB in high school. Keep in mind guys, that most of the plays he's run were DESIGNED QB draws to capitalize on his speed. That and the fact that he really wasn't practicing as a QB until mid to late season. Give him an off season to start clicking with the receivers; this guy's gonna be dan-ger-ous.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

lyle alzado was jewish like i am black'who is claim alzado was jewish

i heard of 3 on the list

sbien-4.25 40 would make him one of the fastest guys in the country

it does no good to have these weapons if we do not know how to use them

Lyle Alzado

Lyle Alzado (3 April, 1949 - 14 May, 1992) was a U.S. football player.

He played defensive line for the Oakland Raiders, Cleveland Browns, and Denver Broncos during the 1970s and early 1980s. He was noted as a colorful and popular figure with each team.

He is probably most remembered today for being one of the first major U.S. sports figures to admit to abuse of steroids. In the last years of his life, as he battled against the brain tumor that eventually caused his death, he asserted that his steroid abuse directly led to his final illness.

Early Life

He was born in Brooklyn, New York to an Italian-American father and Jewish mother. When he was 10 the family moved to Cedarhurst, on Long Island, and his father left home when he was in high school. He played high school football but was not a standout.

Football Career

He played college football for Yankton College in South Dakota, and was noticed by a Denver Broncos coach watching film. The Broncos drafted him in the fourth round, in 1971.

He was a star with the Broncos for several seasons, leading the team in sacks 5 times and making the Pro Bowl in 1977 and 1978. In 1979 he had a contract dispute, and the Broncos traded him to the Cleveland Browns.

He played well with the Browns, leading the team in sacks in 1980 and 1981, but the Browns traded him to the Oakland Raiders in 1982 to reduce their salary burden. He continued to perform well for the Raiders in the 1983 and 1984 seasons, but was injured part way through 1985 and retired at the end of the year. He attempted a comeback in 1990 but injured a knee during training camp and was released.

Outside of Football

Alzado pursued an acting career in both movies and television, appearing mostly in youth-oriented comedy and adventure roles.

He was an amateur boxer, and once fought an exhibition match against Muhammed Ali.

Lyle Alzado

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Alzado, Lyle

Lyle Martin Alzado

A four-time All-Pro, Alzado was one of the most intimidating defensive linemen in the history of the NFL. A big, powerful man who once had 27 wins as an amateur boxer, he died at 43 of brain cancer brought on by excessive steroid use. Confronting his imminent death, he remarked, "I started taking anabolic steroids in 1969 [in college] and never stopped. It was addicting, mentally addicting. Now I'm sick, and I'm scared. Ninety per cent of the athletes I know are on the stuff. We're not born to be 300 pounds or jump 30 feet. But all the time I was taking steroids, I knew they were making me play better. I became very violent on the field and off it. I did things only crazy people do. Once a guy sideswiped my car and I beat the hell out of him. Now look at me. My hair's gone, I wobble when I walk and have to hold on to someone for support, and I have trouble remembering things. My last wish? That no one else ever dies this way."

During his life, Alzado, whose mother was Jewish and who had a Bar Mitzvah, was questioned about his Jewishness. Lyle said, "...when I am asked, I try to explain it, exactly what I am and what I have faith in. If there is ever a situation - and there have been - people will challenge my Judaism. I'm basically pretty protective...and I will protect that part of me - no matter what I have to do."

Birth and Death Dates:

b. April 3, 1949 - d. May 14, 1992

Career Highlights:

Born in Brooklyn to an Italian-Spanish father and a Jewish mother, the Alzados moved to Long Island when Lyle was 10 years old. His father, who Alzado called a drunk, left when Lyle was a sophomore in high school, and Alzado played football at Lawrence High School. He did not receive any scholarship offers and attended tiny Yankton College, a NAIA school in South Dakota. Seen in game films by a Denver Bronco scout, Alzado was selected by the Broncos in the fourth round (79th overall) in the 1971 NFL Draft.

Alzado's combination of speed (4.75 in the 40-yard dash) and strength made him one of the premier pash rushers in the NFL. His versatility -- he played both defensive tackle and end -- also made him a feared lineman. A starter as a rookie in 1971, Alzado said, "My first year with the Broncos, I was like a maniac. I outran, outhit, outanythinged everybody. All along I was taking steroids and I saw that they made me play better and better." After his rookie season, he returned to Yankton to complete his college education and received a B.A. in physical education with an emphasis on secondary education.

In 1972, Alzado led the Broncos in sacks (10.5) and tackles (91). Two years later, he had a team record 13 sacks. In 1977, Alzado was named AFC Defensive Lineman of the Year as the Broncos made the playoffs for the first time in franchise history after a 12-2 regular season. They won the AFC West and reached the Super Bowl before falling to the Dallas Cowboys, 27-10. The following year, Denver finished the season 10-6, repeating as division champions, but they lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs.

Prior to the 1979 season, Alzado had a contract dispute with the Broncos and walked out of training camp. An amateur boxer, he considered turning pro (he fought an exhibition against Muhammad Ali), but was then traded to the Cleveland Browns before the season. The two-time Pro Bowler (1977 and 1978) played three seasons with the Browns and registered 16.5 sacks for the team. In 1982, Alzado moved to the Los Angeles Raiders, and thrived under legendary owner Al Davis. He led the team with seven sacks in the strike-shortened season and was named the NFL Comeback Player of the Year.

The following year, Alzado had seven sacks and teamed on the line with Hall of Famer Howie Long to lead the Raiders to a record of 12-4-0 and a 38-9 victory over the Washington Redskins in the Super Bowl. Alzado retired after the 1985 season, having recorded eight points that year (safety, and fumble recovery for touchdown). Lyle played in a total of 196 games in the NFL, and was an All-Pro from 1977-1980, and again in 1982. After his playing career ended, he appeared in 15 movies before being diagnosed with brain cancer. In a 1991 Sports Illustrated article, a weakened Alzado spoke out against the horrors of steroids.

Origin:

Brooklyn, New York

Career Dates:

Alzado played at Yankton College (South Dakota) from 1968-1970. He then played defensive end and defensive tackle in the NFL for the Denver Broncos from 1971-1978, the Cleveland Browns from 1979-1981, and with the Los Angeles Raiders from 1982-1985.

Physical description:

6'3", 255 pounds

Career Statistics:

In the NFL:

Games: 196

Sacks: 23

Touchdowns: (on a fumble recovery)

Safeties: 3 (tied for second all-time in the NFL)

Lyle Alzado

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
rh-jews don't play football

- I played football my whole life. I was nasty in high school. Played middle linebacker...5'10 205, solid Jew muscle. Offered scholarships to...nowhere. Led the team in penalties 2 yrs in a row (led lacrosse team in penalties (2yrs) and assists (4yrs)). Coach called me Johnny McEnroe.  I've calmed down, I only fight on the weekends...Herman Momarts can validate that.

Thanks SCBullsfan....smazza is always light on facts.