• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Heres the Espn Insider section about our season!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

South Florida

Picked to finish seventh in the Big East, the Bulls (6-5, 4-3) stunned conference favorite Louisville, 45-14, in both teams' Big East debut and ultimately secured the first bowl berth in the program's nine-year history. Next up is a Dec. 31 matchup against North Carolina State in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

Coach Jim Leavitt built the program from the ground up -- his first office was an abandoned trailer -- and near the end of the season was signed to a seven-year deal. Interest in the team has picked up, as evidenced by the crowd of 45,274 that showed up at Raymond James Stadium for the season-finale against West Virginia.

Team speed was a strength (Pitt wide receiver Greg Lee said USF had the fastest defense in the conference), but Leavitt needs to build a better passing game and replace star tailback Andre Hall next season.

MVP: Hall led the conference in rushing with 1,256 yards and was 14th in the country at 114.2 yards per game.

Biggest disappointment: The Bulls had only themselves to blame for a crushing, 15-10 loss Nov. 26 at UConn, a defeat that cost them a chance to win the Big East title. USF committed five turnovers, allowed a 90-yard kickoff return and tried a trick play on fourth-and-goal from the 6 with 6:08 remaining, instead of kicking a field goal to pull within three, putting the ball in the hands of UConn's impotent offense.

What's next: USF made the smart move by retaining Leavitt, who was a candidate at Kansas State. This program has great growth potential amid the fertile Florida recruiting grounds and is headed upward. Fast.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I love the last paragraph!

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

good post Diddy!

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

there is a reason that people have to PAY to read this stuff....

because it is written by people who actually know what they are talking about.

i wonder how long until this post gets taken down.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I love the last paragraph!

It's dead on, especially looking at all the verbals we have landed in the last week.

I also like Lee's comments. If we can fill the holes on the DL, then this will be a better D in 2006.

Yo DIDDY your an impostor! I dont know where people get off using my nickname. Heres to the real diddy aka me:) I do understand if you want to be like me though. VOTE OR DIE!LOL! Go BULLS!

^^^^^

anyone who uses Diddy as a nickname deserves everything they have coming to them

I dont use it sir it was given to me Rezz. Dont disrespect fellow bulls. only the ones who arent diddies!:)

I dont use it sir it was given to me Rezz. Dont disrespect fellow bulls. only the ones who arent diddies!:)

all im saying is...someone complaining that their "diddy" nickname was stolen is like someone with the last name Smith complaining because someone else has the same last name that isn't in their family.

and if you took that as disrespect than maybe you need a new "nickname"