• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Herd of Thunder Fan Club

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866
  • Days Won:  0

Don't take any crap HOT... you have been outstanding so far this year!  

I'm not going to lie, I was making Bohemian Rhapsody jokes about the halftime shows last year involving Freddie Mercury spinning in his grave... but this season has been awesome!  You sound and look much better, and your song selection is much better as well.  Congratulations!

Anything you can play to get the crowd involved is always appreciated.  Whether it's #8 to get the horns flying, or something akin to "Hey Baby" to get everyone singing.... college sports are best when they're interactive.  

Keep banging those chairs when our basketball teams are on defense, and good luck getting the crowd in the games tomorrow!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

I can't believe anyone would give our own band grief.

what is this world coming to?

I am so happy to know that the band is heading to the bowl game-- we need them. We need them at any game we can get them to really. I used to complain about some of the things they did-- like playing when we are on offense-- they seem to have figured that one out though and know better. Problem solved.

Now I won't blow smoke up your ass--- I was never a band dude and I lack any musical ability whatsoever. I would fit more in the "jock" crowd when it came to HS. But I always respected the band because they did what they do for the same reason I was doing what I did-- it was something they enjoyed or had an aptitude for.

Do I support the band? Probably not as much as I should. I support the school and the football team. And anything they represent or who represents USF. And that includes the band.

So do a little PR by all means. You might be surprised by who ponies up some coin to help you guys help the team.

PS-- I always try to take several pictures of the band at the games. They are as much a part of the gameday experience as the players, coaches, fans, and opponents.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

The band just gets better each year.

The band is LOUDER this year.

Keep it up!  ;D

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Def working on intonation, which will help us be in "tune" and  therefore make us louder... AND my personal goal is 250 to 300 members for fall 06 and since its my job... I promise that everything we can do to grow the program and spirit of this university will be done!

IN BULL PRIDE,

Billy

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

the band is getting better and better  keep up the good work

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

I really enjoy the HOT and have seen a lot of improvement.

It's also great that the football team entertains us before and after the band's performance.  ;)

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Thanks Ricky...

and I agree... that game that is on each end of halftime is really nice! Of course, like I have said... its about supporting the teams, athletics, and the student body.  Thats our job.  I'm glad I am seeing good comments, with assorted "hey what if you could's."

Thanks for the input, trust me... we listen and if we can, act on some of the things posted on this board.

again.... THANKS!