• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another suggestion for Herd of Thunder

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

Pre-game....I have been to many, many, many college football  games.  We need some work on pre-game i/m/o.  The music is great but as you will probably see from NC State, there is typically some goal line to goal line marching with a traditional feel where the fight songs and all the other things are played with audience participation.  It would be nice to improve in this area.  Dont' know if there's enough time to work it out but it would give more of a traditional feel and I doubt the opportunity will be there to do the usual pre-game type show where the Band ends up with the entrance of the football team.  What made me think of that???  I have no idea.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I really like you're idea coolbull, but those are your traditional college bands. From my experience for one season back in 2003, HOT's  style is more comparable to the DCI (Drum Corps) style of band.  In the "band geek" world these are 2 different styles.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274

well you have to have more people to march goal line to goal line too...HOT is growing but they aren't that big...I love pre-game...maybe cause I marched it for 5 years...but I love the additions this year and I think its fine...IMO  ;D

and yes..they are drump corp style...because most students who come and march are used to that...they don't need to reteach kids to march...it takes too long...

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

they are right... we arnt that big yet, you know so big that we cant do anything on the field!  And yes... drum corps.

Besides, that would ruin the "running of the bulls" when we run out of the tunnels (not really a secret anymore is it!?).  But its still a tradition.

Criticism is always accepted in and towards our program.  We use it to grow, we feed off ideas.  Anything you want to express is just fine!  Besides, we are performing for the FANS!  Tell us what you like... its fine!  You can also e-mail our staff by clicking on their names on the contact list on our website.

USF is building one hell of a program in very little time, we don't seem to have much time to run back and pick up the little things all the time.  It's nice to be reminded!

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Also, can HOT learn Sweet Caroline by game day?  How about James Taylor's , Carolina On My Mind??

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Or how about a marching band version of Rage Against the Machine's "Bulls On Parade?"   ;D

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Also, can HOT learn Sweet Caroline by game day?  How about James Taylor's , Carolina On My Mind??

Or Petey Pablo's "Raise Up" :-)

but re: corps vs. traditional, I've seen corps style bands ankle-knee their pre-game, or otherwise mix styles. And regarding the Running of the Bulls stampede style field entrance, that could conceivably be quite stunning as an uptempo chair step...

But I'm a traditional style kid, so don't mind me. :-)

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Or how about a marching band version of Rage Against the Machine's "Bulls On Parade?"   ;D

They already play that, and I think that's one of my favorites of the pieces they do.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Yea... that would be interesting in an FSU "Chief Step" style... but crazy harder than the corps style.

We had a version of "Bulls on Parade"... the current director took it out of our book.  E-mail him and ask him to put it back... we all loved it. (mrobinson@arts.usf.edu)

The others i doubt we will be able to do... simply becuase we don't have an arrangment... and John is good, but I doubt he will be able to write it out in time for us to learn it.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509

alright, drum corp style!  now all that needs to be done is, get rid of the wood winds.  brass rules!